Load One Trucks sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
For one, I try not to form my opinion of a carrier on what I hear from a couple drivers at a truck stop. A guy can be having a down week for whatever reasons and it's his company's fault or his dispatcher's fault. We've had a couple drivers quit because we weren't a good fit for them and we have others who have never been happier. It happens with every company.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Bruno-

The thing of this that I am still not understanding is are we talking trucks or vans/sprinters?? The posts I've seen of people complaining about sitting have been in vans, yet on FB you were telling all the van drivers who were sitting to come over to Panther because your trucks are all running so well and some booked on two loads. The person complaining is in a sprinter so how is that even going to help?? Trucks are different than vans. Straight trucks usually move better than vans, it is pretty much an industry known fact.

If you have these drivers calling you and asking you to make these posts, why don't you next time refer them to calling their carrier and discussing the problem with them vs a third party in a public forum???

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This safety issue is meaningless in this thread.

IF the Load's drivers are sitting (probably the vanners) my guess is because like most carriers, they have too many vans (yes Sprinters, this means you too).

When in doubt always remember that if you are the owner, and you get your labor for free, it is way better to have too many vans than not enough.

Don't like to sit for the Load? Move over. I'm sure there is a waiting list.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
I have been running like crazy. So not sure what the fuss is all about. Looks like a recruiting venture for someone who needs to fill some empty trucks, if you ask me.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A recruiting contest had come to my mind when the facebook comments were referenced.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah Bruno when you mess with J elliot your messin with the whole trailer park;)
but dude calling you a dickhead was un called 4

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A issue came up and John addressed it. Got to give him a lot of credit just to come on here and address it. Seriously, when was the last time that happened from another carrier?
Well, there was that dipstick from Panther that would come on here and post personal stuff about drivers until someone put a muzzle on him.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw a Load One Sprinter getting on I-90 from I-290 this afternoon. It wasn't sitting. It was moving. I could tell because the wheels were going round and round.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Yeah Bruno when you mess with J elliot your messin with the whole trailer park;)

Not that I'm looking for a trailer park uprising y'all understand...

But that is funny. :)

But (besides being the boss), I can see why JE is liked around these here parts.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Let me clarify one last time what I'm talking about. Driver's are complaining that they are sitting a lot and maybe the safety rating being changed has a lot to do with it. As far as people taking shots at me for jokingly saying on Facebook to a driver hey come over to Panther. Everyone knows that Load1 has one of the highest van/sprinter rate in the business. Plus anyone that knows me knows I don't run vans. It was a joke because drivers would make about .35 less pre mile at Panther than at Load1. As for me saying to Wombat jokingly about coming to Panther, Wombat drives a Hino. Panther don't sign on Hino trucks because they can't do e-logs. As for the safety rating I would have never thought in a million years that Load1 safety rating would be changed. John runs a very tight ship and is loved by all of his contractors as you can see be the replies from this posts. Yes Load1 safety rating may have changed that could effectively cost the company to lose some loads until it is changed back, I don't know as that is something John needs to respond to. John posted that the rating change was due to logs. The driver's are responsible for doing their own logs not Load1, but sadly the company has to pay the price for logs not being done the right way. I want to say this post was never intended to bash Load1 as John Elliott is a great man and I respect him very much. What I'm saying before you complain about your carrier not offering you loads, maybe you might of had something to do with it. I don't know, that's all I was trying to say. I'm sorry if John Elliott, his staff, his owners and his drivers may have taken this post the wrong way. That was never my intention.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Well, there was that dipstick from Panther that would come on here and post personal stuff about drivers until someone put a muzzle on him.

Don't mention dipstick in a Bruno thread.
It brings up bad memories. :)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Zorry that is funny. We just traded that truck off today and it's funny you brought that up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
but dude calling you a dickhead was un called 4
Funny

epera8as.jpg

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Bruno, pretty sure it wasn't said jokingly on FB, and I am sure I have a few people who commented on that thread that can back me up. Too bad the poster of it deleted the status otherwise I would screen shot it to be shared. I personally have no dog in this fight as I am not at either carrier or in a van, but hate seeing things misrepresented, and since its been said it has seemed to be quite a bit of back pedaling and defensive move on your part.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Sometimes a hammer must be dropped on a moron. Goes with the territory.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.