Load Boards

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter
Do any of the owner/operators here use load boards to assit in keeping their trucks moving when the company you are signed on with can not keep you moving?
Do any of you use the load boards to just book your trucks all the time instead of using a expedite company?
Do you know of load board websites and what the good ones are to use for straight trucks?
Thanks for the input?

trhoades

Expert Expediter
There a few load boards like getloaded.com that offer a 30 day trial for free. I would try them first and see if they work for you. Hope this helps, good luck.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most of the loads you will find online are going to be too heavy or require too much length for a typical D unit truck or if they'll fit they aren't going to pay enough to be worthwhile after the company takes their cut. They are mostly LTL that has no urgency of arrival so they aren't willing to pay much to move it. They are looking for a guy who has most of a truckload already going from Indy to Atlanta and is willing to add 2 skids for $300 because it's wasted space otherwise and an extra $300 is all bonus. You can't give your company 15%, or in some terrible company cases 32%, and make the run on $255 or less. Now, if Atlanta is home and the delivery is 2.7 miles from the house and you just want to get home that's possibly a different matter. Take the getloaded free trial as mentioned and check it every day to see if it would do you any good from where you are. That will give you the best idea on them.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
if you drive for Panther you can go on getloaded.com free, just call up your team and get the login info. Its something like user pantherdriver password getloaded but i'm not for sure.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>if you drive for Panther you can go on getloaded.com free,
>just call up your team and get the login info. Its something
>like user pantherdriver password getloaded but i'm not for
>sure.

Nope that don't work.

Got another one?

LOL!

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
I have always used load boards to keep my truck moving when company does not have frieght fo me, and I do disagree with the above post about not paying enuff for straight trucks, you just have to use the right web site. for those in straight trucks use landstarbroker.com its free but you have to look for the ltl (less than truckload) frieght, and most of it pays over a dollar a mile, the thing to remember is, you are using backhauls to get you back where you want to be or where the hot lanes are. If you are a panther driver, call backhaul services and they will give you the username and password for getloaded. I have been using loadboards for the better part of 6 yrs and everytime I book a good load, I keep the brokers name and number and when I find myself back in that area, I will give him a call and let him know I am heading his way, but back to the original post, I do use them quite a bit and my favorites are: truckersedge.net, landstarbroker.com, chrwtrucks.com, and then getloaded.com.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Folks should really get there own account for these services. Just looking at the loads is not the problem. Too many times in the past folks post their trucks in these sites. Since in this case you are using a carrier account, the brokers in turn call the carrier about a load. It winds up being a total waste of everyones time.
Most have a free trail that you can use.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
We use Internet Truckstop which costs us 25$ a month and I have found the loads to be more plentiful and better paying than what I find on get loaded. Panther does have a account for people to use, contact your driver team (this is for getloaded)

-Charlotte

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
Dave, a simple solution to that problem is when they post their truck, change the contact info, not that hard, just highlight it and retype, works real well for me, the only problem I have is I forget to remove it when I find a load and the phone is ringing off the hook...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think what Dave's referring to are the noncarrier affiliated drivers who get onsite using a carrier account - if they cause brokers to call the carrier to book the truck, that wastes everyone's time. Which reminds me: is the site mentioned above a Landtar account?

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
I was referring to getloaded, but you can post your truck on any broker board, with your truck info and contact number