Load Acceptance Rates Included in Ranking

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I talked to someone that was at ES HQ today. Fairly seasoned driver that said I need to look into it.

Need to look into it??
I find this to be amazing that Expediter Services has had a large flashing banner advertisement on the Home page of E.O. for as long as I can remember. They have an exclusive arrangement with FECC as their largest fleet owner. The "red" trucks have become infamous.
All of this and some owners know nothing about them or their service????
As a business owner isn't it important to know all of the players and all of the options available.
How can someone like LOS whine about increasing costs and low paying loads while at the same time not even know that ES offers deep discounted insurance, discounted fuel, etc. Plus access to exclusive information in real time direct from FECC to help determine which loads to accept and where to layover?
We tell Newbies to do their research and learn all that they can yet seasoned owners don't click on an ad or talk to ES owners to stay informed about a major option available?
Okay, I'm done. Sorry to carry on like that. Just shocked. :confused:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Gots my hair standing up!

Not that I have ANYTHING against ANY individual contractor, (except a jack weed that would run TVAL for $1.20 per mile) it just NOT make, SENSE!

Layout, not sure about TVAL but in surface, ES had/has an arrangement where if one of their trucks accepted the low ball offer, it would be adjusted to a pre-agreed rate...ie two trucks side by side get the same 1.05pm offer, ES accepts and it gets adjusted to 1.39, if the non-ES truck accepts, that truck gets it at the 1.05 offer. Same load, same miles etc. We were told this by an ES driver a few years back. That program only extended to ES owned trucks and not O/Os who placed their trucks on with ES.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I am curious as to why you feel every load must be of high value? What is wrong with turning off all the toys and run surface loads when it presents itself?
Turning off the "toys" dosen't turn off the weekly "DATA COLD" fee or the required "PM" and calibration checks or the additional insurance etc....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If I had gotten the non-temp 300lb load that was $4785.50 for 1855 miles I would have gladly forgotten about my ameriscan for a few days.

All we hear is of the crap. There are still enough good loads to scrape out a living.

I cannot speak for the future..

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I am curious as to why you feel every load must be of high value? What is wrong with turning off all the toys and run surface loads when it presents itself?

...also depreciation, opportunity cost, increased chance of damage to sealed floors, increased damage to temp probes (that's why we are not allowed to do LG loads)....

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I do surface,TSA,inside deliveries. I don't care.
Show me the money. ;)

I think most of us do, but we don't turn of the "Toys" I have been payed more per mile hauling cowboy boots to stores in Tn. then explosives...but I keep my "Toys" up to date and flagged also.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Expedite Services has 2 divisions! Their fleet of red trucks and "lease to own trucks" are ES! The other division is called "expedite management services"- this is where o/o's would sign on- discounts on insurance and fuel, tires and maintenance, as well as someone to be middle man if you have issues with dispatch or settlements etc. I was told their is a person who works just with FedEx- has ability to contact different departments and knows who to contact on any issue we may have. Then she mentioned the data base they have built up. It's supposed to help us make better business decisions as far as EC activity. I was told there is no "preferential" treatment for an ES o/o truck but using their data base could increase your monthly load count by 1 or 2 loads. Now for the cons::: no upfront cash advance- they give % after load is delivered. They do make exceptions if needed to adjust when you first sign on and also if you did a short run or 2 then took a really long run. $12.50 a week fee for their services. ES receives in return $.03 per authorized mile from FedEx. I believe that is because they take on alot of the administrative and insurance work.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
120,000 miles x .03 =$3600 per year.

Hey Fed. I call my CC about once per year. I do my own insurance.

It'd be nice if you sent me the check that you don't send to Williams on my behalf.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
ES offers many services to help the newbie.
They finance the otherwise unfinanceable.
They walk newbies through the process. Taxes,permits, insurance.
They guide them until guidance is no longer needed.
They make O/Os out of people who wouldn't/couldn't do it on their own.

In return they get .03 cpm from Fedex. I'm sure they average more than .03 lower rates than others. Or Fedex feels having these program people are worth .03 cpm to them.

ES gets $350-$400 per month for the program. Plus profits from financing, insurance sales, truck sales.

ES wins.
Fedex gets newbies that have a better chance of making it.
The newbie gets a better chance of making it.

The only loser would be the experienced O/O that has more lower cost competition. Unless the help to Fedex offset the competition from within.

We have to work hard to compete.
That's just the reality of the situation.

From all I've heard, Jason and company are just really decent people.
Pretty sharp, too.

Last edited:

piattteam

Active Expediter
No loss whatsoever vs. running direct with FDCC. You get your load ops straight from FDCC, not from ES. Same loads, you conduct your business as usual.
As someone stated earlier, ES gets a few cents per mile FROM FDCC for your runs.
Seriously, give ES a call.
Anyone wanting their contact info, PM me. Will gladly help all I can.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
For a mere $12.50 per week it almost seems worth it.

In a TT I might recoup that $12.50 in my first tanks of fuel each week- their fuel discounts are that much more than FDCC's.
My concern is losing the ability to see my numbers in the extranet. I assume since payment would be through ES that we would be part of their fleet as far as extranet goes- thus no access to owners areas, settlements etc...

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
In a TT I might recoup that $12.50 in my first tanks of fuel each week- their fuel discounts are that much more than FDCC's.
My concern is losing the ability to see my numbers in the extranet. I assume since payment would be through ES that we would be part of their fleet as far as extranet goes- thus no access to owners areas, settlements etc...

ES has set up an "EXTRANET" much like FEDEXCC's so you can check your numbers. So far no other Fleet owner has been given access like ES and they seem to be the only one with the huge advantage of pulling data city by city up 400 mile radius and last 90 days per truck type; straight vs 53', dry vs reefer. Folks wit ES haven't really needed express centers for some time, so it was no surprise when FEDEX stopped (mostly stopped) the express centers (DHPL).

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have friends with ES.. They seem to run a little better for " some" reason.

We are running hard right now. The problem is not the numbers of runs being offered, but the rates they are being offered at. SOME, are taking the TVAL loads that are being offered at $1.20-1.50 per miles. Costs continue to rise, rates continue to drop.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We are running hard right now. The problem is not the numbers of runs being offered, but the rates they are being offered at. SOME, are taking the TVAL loads that are being offered at $1.20-1.50 per miles. Costs continue to rise, rates continue to drop.

In case you missed it, "Layout, not sure about TVAL but in surface, ES had/has an arrangement where if one of their trucks accepted the low ball offer, it would be adjusted to a pre-agreed rate...ie two trucks side by side get the same 1.05pm offer, ES accepts and it gets adjusted to 1.39, if the non-ES truck accepts, that truck gets it at the 1.05 offer. Same load, same miles etc. We were told this by an ES driver a few years back. That program only extended to ES owned trucks and not O/Os who placed their trucks on with ES". Might be going on again....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In case you missed it, "Layout, not sure about TVAL but in surface, ES had/has an arrangement where if one of their trucks accepted the low ball offer, it would be adjusted to a pre-agreed rate...ie two trucks side by side get the same 1.05pm offer, ES accepts and it gets adjusted to 1.39, if the non-ES truck accepts, that truck gets it at the 1.05 offer. Same load, same miles etc. We were told this by an ES driver a few years back. That program only extended to ES owned trucks and not O/Os who placed their trucks on with ES". Might be going on again....

That sound real fair. Just another nail in the coffin in my opinion. I know it's just business, BUT, if THAT how business is going to be run it makes it so I don't want to be involved with either of them. Equal pay for equal trucks or bye bye to both!:mad:

Seems slimy to me.