load 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
those comments have just drivin me to turn down my first load for load-1...lol Big Rapids to Louisville for the weekend...I told her I wanted to go long for the weekend...Hope she isn't mad...:confused:

She didnt sound mad when she gave me that run. lol now I will let you know when she gives me the 1000+ mile run from louisville:D

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
When I have freight that I need help on, I call Load1 before anyone else, not because they always have the cheapest price,

Hmmmm, This is an interesting statement. So does this cheap price trickle down to the drivers/ owners opperators?

Just asking.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
When I have freight that I need help on, I call Load1 before anyone else, not because they always have the cheapest price,

Hmmmm, This is an interesting statement. So does this cheap price trickle down to the drivers/ owners opperators?

Just asking.

Well if it does I havent noticed. anyway its called Business, to get the good paying freight there is always trade offs good and bad
Outbounder Thanks for your comments Sue and I are owner operators, not in office, so the loads are more than welcome :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Just asking.

I think if you re-read that statement he is saying we DO NOT always have the cheapest prices, but they use us for our service and drivers. So that would be the NOT cheap rate that trickles down.

Tony, welcome aboard. I dont think I got to meet you?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey Tony, Good tp see you here...and John J., Thanks for the PM, it was greatly appreciated.....

How many Company CEO's have sent their O/O's a message telling them that they were sorry that the company hadn't got you loaded in 30 hrs ......Again Thanks John ....

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I still HATE units sitting!!!!!

Tony, make a point of asking for me when you are in next time. I am sure you saw me when you are there. I am the tall, "stocky" guy that seems to roam around everywhere.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hoping to get my van back out on the road by Monday evening....:rolleyes: Got some cylinder misfires and I'm hoping all I need is the boots and plugs replaced. It's about that time. Van's got 427,000 miles on it.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Well I still HATE units sitting!!!!!

Tony, make a point of asking for me when you are in next time. I am sure you saw me when you are there. I am the tall, "stocky" guy that seems to roam around everywhere.

I wiill do that. Just not use to asking for the president of a company. :eek: lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I wiill do that. Just not use to asking for the president of a company. :eek: lol

Well don't get to worried about it, I am not that exciting. I will be out of town at the American Trucking Association conference till the end of the week though.

outbounder

Seasoned Expediter
I think if you re-read that statement he is saying we DO NOT always have the cheapest prices, but they use us for our service and drivers. So that would be the NOT cheap rate that trickles down.

...CORRECT...The point I am trying to make is that I would rather use LOAD1 and PAY a bit more per/mile, then to use a carrier with a CHEAPER price and a driver/dispatch that I can't depend on.

This is a service based industry, I think some carriers forget, the driver is one of the most important parts of that. The office staff managing the customer/driver is also important but for the most part, the drivers see customers face to face, drivers leave a visable impression. LOAD1 does a good job of hiring on both parts or maybe it is that good drivers are drawn to them...Either way I can attest to the fact that LOAD1 is very fair with their drivers, both owner operators and company drivers. Remember I worked there...I will say it like this...If I was an owner operator...I WOULD WANT TO DRIVE FOR LOAD1.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
good to see u all are doing well. I now work for 2 companies and am being run quite hard. best thing I ever did, love the 2 pay checks too. If one company is slow, the other is calling me. Its really showing up in my fuel usage now,,I think I live at gas stations, lol. but Im a happy camper.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks Outbounder! Brian, we appreciate the business and the faith that you put in our people and our fleet everyday.

Hope all is well. I am still out at the ATA Conference. Seen a few expedite people here, Express 1 and Nations Express are both represented. Good conference, a lot of important things coming for our industry.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
John what are some of the main concerns of the ATA?

Primary topics were:

CSA 2010
New EPA mandate on fuel economy and emissions and the effects on future engines.
Infrastructure, tolling and road privatization.
Economic issues and taxation.
Attack on the owner operator model.

Status
Not open for further replies.