Like coffee? Mr Coffee/Keurig

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Probably posted already but I didn't run across it...
Cyn and I bought one of these for the truck cuz I refuse to let her set up a glass coffee pot in the truck (she is dangerous and unpredictable hours 1-2 upon waking).
Cost per cup varies with our avg being .45 cents a cup for gourmet cup of jo with no muss no fuss and safe for a partner that is a spazz;)
We got ours at Wally World for the same price as this..
Amazon.com: Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG1 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver: Kitchen & Dining

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
i got a black and decker one like that from the local camping world for $20 takes 700 watts to run tho and needs a inverter to run.

*Black & Decker Brew n Go Coffe Maker *

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
They are selling the K cups everywhere. Sometimes you can get good deals at Kohl's and Bed Bath Beyond
Meijer and Walmart also carry them
BBB had a 60 kcup sampler for around twenty and Kohl's always has sales

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
i got a black and decker one like that from the local camping world for $20 takes 700 watts to run tho and needs a inverter to run.

*Black & Decker Brew n Go Coffe Maker *
I looked at those as well Dan I just preferred the convenience of the little "K" cups for mess and disposal.
Just pop it in the little holder and add 6-8 oz of water boom you have Dunkin caliber Jo

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
They are selling the K cups everywhere. Sometimes you can get good deals at Kohl's and Bed Bath Beyond
Meijer and Walmart also carry them
BBB had a 60 kcup sampler for around twenty and Kohl's always has sales
Yep and I believe Sams had an 80 pack for around $30.
At any rate it beats the hell outta truckstop coffee.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Also if you want to be really cheap(like me) buy the bold k cups and you can run them twice to fill a travel cup. Makes a pretty good cup of coffee

wheeljam

Seasoned Expediter
Search "Keurig reusable filter" on Google. 11 to 25 dollars and you can reuse it as many times as you want with you favorite brand.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
We have a keurig..love it. Thought it wouldnt work. But i was wrong. Easy clean up and like someone said u can use same pod twice if u like too. Buy one and be happy.they make tea, hot chocolate pods for them to

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
uploadfromtaptalk1332018626404.jpg

This is our 2nd one. We will never be without one. We also have the small one to take into hotels with us. Target also sells k-cups if you are running low on the road.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They have a good sweat tea and my other favorite is the half half. You brew over ice and you have a fresh Arnold Palmer.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
OMG,
Gimmick Gimmick Gimmick, Wally world sells a 4 cup Mr. Coffee it has a glass carraff but it locks into the burner, I have 2 of these one at home one in the truck. Never broke a carraffe, it is easy as pie to make a single serving or multiple.
3 to 8 bucks you have your choice of coffee's and you get about 200 cups.

I was almost taken in by Keurigg, until I realised how EXPENSIVE it is!

I wish I had invented it though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some 'gimmicks' are quite useful, like the cupkake maker that lets me bake [even lasagna & meatloaf] things I couldn't do otherwise, but for me, the Keurig does nothing my inexpensive little [and little is important when space is limited] coffeemaker doesn't do equally well.
And in spite of being, um, shall we say 'gracefully challenged' [I blame dropping things on nerve damage, but I tend to knock them over, too] I've never broken a glass carafe yet. If that were a concern, some coffeemakers use steel carafes, or drinking mugs.
Having said that, my sister has the Keurig, and I agree it makes coffee fast and GOOD.
;)

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I have a keurig at home and I love it. I am looking forward to putting one in my truck soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I was almost taken in by Keurigg, until I realised how EXPENSIVE it is.

So was pouring out half pots of coffee for me. I got one over my Christmas break, and really like having a fresh cup with a verity of flavors to to chose from.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
You're kidding right?

I didn't know I was required to make a full pot everytime, I guess I've been doing it wrong for 6 years.

Mr. Coffee uses 6 oz serving size to detrmine cups, so a 4 cup maker makes 24 oz of coffee which is the same as a large at many TS.

I use a 16oz cup, so to fill it with no waste, pour ur water into your cup, pour the cup into the maker. No waste, super cheaper than K cups, and I ussually buy premium coffee. My wife is partial to duncan.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
You're kidding right?

I didn't know I was required to make a full pot everytime, I guess I've been doing it wrong for 6 years.

Mr. Coffee uses 6 oz serving size to detrmine cups, so a 4 cup maker makes 24 oz of coffee which is the same as a large at many TS.

I use a 16oz cup, so to fill it with no waste, pour ur water into your cup, pour the cup into the maker. No waste, super cheaper than K cups, and I ussually buy premium coffee. My wife is partial to duncan.
K-cups come in Duncan flavor too...Yum

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
we have the hamilton beach brew station,no carafe.works great,coffee is always hot and stays fresh.
i like my coffee hot
i like my coffee iced
but when it's in between
it's one nasty bean:p

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I like my Keurig at home and added the travel size to the truck. Bob does not drink coffee and the one K-Cup is the perfect size for my travel mug. I like how fast the Keurig makes coffee compared to my Mr. Coffee.

I also debated over the price of the K-Cups until I went in one day for a cup of Pilot coffee using my own cup and had sticker shock.... The price of the K-Cup seemed very reasonable. I like the black ice tea in the summer and that works out great as I only want one cup.

Bob likes green tea and often in the evening before driving he will make one cup of green tea for the road.

I like not having to fuss with coffee grounds anymore as at least once a month I spilled the trash can and the grounds. I also like that I can make coffee going down the road and the water does not slosh around and get grounds in the carafe.

There is very little about my Keurig I do not like!

Ok one bad thing.... When we have company at the truck it is the pits to make one cup after another for guests.