Lets openly discuss this

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
dieseldiva's deleted post
Rather than making accusations without having anywhere near all the facts why not just wonder why the post had to be pulled. My guess is the units are not to be discussed publicly because they are beta test units and not a done deal for either Qualcomm or FedEx. If someone had posted negative information about FedEx that was later deleted I might to along with the conflict of interest accusation depending on the circumstances. There is no conflict in removing information if it is prematurely made public.

NOTE: I am in NO WAY saying dieseldiva did anything wrong or posted erroneously because I don't have all the facts either. I am pointing out that Terry did nothing wrong that any of us know about and for that matter dieseldiva did nothing wrong either that any of us know about. Just pointing out the other side of the coin.

Scuba's point is, Terry quit as moderator...why does he still have the power of one? And he is acting as judge and executioner by the deletion...
His claim to resigning was that so he wouldn't be in a conflict of interest...well he just did that....
The NEW QC's are not new news..maybe to the Feds...

Oops....me bad...discussing an action of a mod in public...
Violation of Code of Conduct...

OHHH WAIT!!! Terry is not a moderator anymore...so I am ok...:)

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is nothing to discuss. There is a confidentiality agreement in place. The discussion had to be removed. This isn't a recruiter subject regardless. Case and discussion closed.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Whoa there leo, it is not something that should be swept under the rug that easily. Both Spud and OVM make good points and it should be address from a higher power when Spud brought up the point.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's your point OVM?

The fact that news got out to a lowly surface driver:rolleyes: is one point...so you gotta know censoring it is far too late...

and other point would be....when is a moderator NOT a moderator...either they are or they are not....just to waltz in here and hit the delete...I don't think so....there are channels to go thru...for everyone.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg, there is nothing to discuss. A strict confidentiality agreement is in place. The post had to be removed. There is no need for a "higher power" to make the same statement. There's also no need to try to stir things up where no stirring is needed.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, there is nothing to discuss. A strict confidentiality agreement is in place. The post had to be removed. There is no need for a "higher power" to make the same statement. There's also no need to try to stir things up where no stirring is needed.

Leo..I disagree....Terry is not a moderator anymore, he resigned, quit...why are you not acknowleding this fact?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ken et al, Terry did not totally and absolutely resign. He said to avoid possible conflict he would be stepping way back and that's what he's done. The admin team chose to leave his moderator status in effect along with the privileges thereof or he wouldn't have been able to do what needed to be done. Why in heaven's name can't everyone give it a rest and move on to something that matters more than absolutely not at all? The O/O's who have the unit in their truck are under a strict and specific non-disclosure agreement with Qualcomm. Fedex, in reviewing EO as they and many other companies do, saw the posting that shouldn't have been there. The quickest, easiest and most efficient remedy was to contact Terry who they know to have a significant association with EO and ask him to get it taken care of. He did. Big freaking whooping deal. If Terry (or any other moderator) comes in and deletes some posts that are not bound by strict legal contractual agreements between corporate entities and/or in violation of the code of conduct then let's get worked up and make a stink about it. Until then let's spend our time on something that deserves more than a nanosecond.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The O/O's who have the unit in their truck are under a strict and specific non-disclosure agreement with Qualcomm.

I guess the leakers are in a heap of crap at this time...:D

Until then let's spend our time on something that deserves more than a nanosecond.

Like talkin about OBama all the time?....*LMAO*

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There is nothing to discuss. There is a confidentiality agreement in place. The discussion had to be removed. This isn't a recruiter subject regardless. Case and discussion closed.

Based on what I have heard from people who are in a position to know (unsolicited information privately received), the circumstances are not as cut and dry as you seem to believe. That said, what happened in the past -- be it right or wrong -- is a done deal. Talking about who did what and when would lead nowhere.

However, there remains a great deal to discuss. The incident gives rise to a policy issue about moderator eligibilty criteria. That can be discussed without ever having to know who did what and when regarding a specific post, and I sincerely hope it will be.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually, it is a big freaking whooping deal, at ATeam has touched on. I'm sure Lawrence will correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware of any contractual agreement between EO and FedEx that would allow FedEx to control what is and is not said on the EO Forums. I can't believe that advertiser revenue from FedEx could be that important to Lawrence.

You say, "A strict confidentiality agreement is in place."
With who? EO? The post did not in any way violate the Code of Conduct. So the fact that a confidentiality agreement was in place between FedEx and a driver is meaningless with regard to EO. It's irrelevant. Totally.

"The post had to be removed."
Why? Because FedEx wishes it?

If FedEx had a problem with what Diva posted, they should have taken it up with her, not have an EO moderator who works for FedEx go in and delete the post. Diva could have done that on her own if she wanted to.

I don't have a problem at all with a Moderator who never posts, since one isn't a prerequisite for the other, but I do have a problem with a moderator deleting a post that is perfectly in accordance with the Code of Conduct, and deleted it instead for personal reasons. It's unconscionable that a company, or a moderator, would be able to dictate what can and cannot be posted on these forms when it falls outside the Code of Conduct. If FedEx had a problem with it, they should have dealt with Diva directly and had her delete the post if that was what they were after. For Terry to get involved in an official EO capacity is, to say the least, quite disturbing. Regardless of how it is justified, it is an abuse of power, plain and simple.

If Lawrence had deleted it at the request of FedEx that would be one thing, but to have a FedEx employee come and delete it is something altogether different. This raises issues of integrity not only with FedEx, but the moderator, and EO for allowing it to happen.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Why in heaven's name can't everyone give it a rest and move on to something that matters more than absolutely not at all?

For the same reason you are into amateur radio and many other people are not. Different things matter to different people. What may not be important to you may be of vital importance to others, and vice versa.

If people want to talk about an item in the Open Form that you believe is a dead issue, should they not be allowed to do so anyway?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i believe that the contractual agreement is between fedex/qualcomm and the contractor is along for the confidential ride.

i did not see the thread. if there was a non disclosure agreement in place any discussion about the beta unit would be a violation of that agreement. fedex, as leo said, knows terry has connections here and asked him to intervene. should tery have asked someone else to delete the thread? now how would that look if a bolt or panther mod removed the post?

it is over so move on folks, nothing to see here. if none of this is acceptable maybe you need to start your own website where anything is a go. actually you could go to expediter world or expediter network.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh nice Jack...
Next headline...

Fedex Employee deletes post about improper load selection procedure and slams Fedex....:eek:

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Ken et al, Terry did not totally and absolutely resign. He said to avoid possible conflict he would be stepping way back and that's what he's done. The admin team chose to leave his moderator status in effect along with the privileges thereof or he wouldn't have been able to do what needed to be done. Why in heaven's name can't everyone give it a rest and move on to something that matters more than absolutely not at all? The O/O's who have the unit in their truck are under a strict and specific non-disclosure agreement with Qualcomm. Fedex, in reviewing EO as they and many other companies do, saw the posting that shouldn't have been there. The quickest, easiest and most efficient remedy was to contact Terry who they know to have a significant association with EO and ask him to get it taken care of. He did. Big freaking whooping deal. If Terry (or any other moderator) comes in and deletes some posts that are not bound by strict legal contractual agreements between corporate entities and/or in violation of the code of conduct then let's get worked up and make a stink about it. Until then let's spend our time on something that deserves more than a nanosecond.

There you go Leo, you just said it yourself, FedEX contacted Terry and had Terry an employee of FedEx delete a post. CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS A BIG DEAL!!!!!!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Oh nice Jack...
Next headline...

Fedex Employee deletes post about improper load selection procedure and slams Fedex....:eek:

so ken, what is it you want from this incident. it cannot be just raised indignation over something you will not be allowed to control. what do you want?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
crap. missed one.

I'm sorry folks, but this was cut and dry. For the same reason we don't discuss certain customers... it's a confidentiality issue.

We don't set FedEx policy, they nicely informed Terry they did not want it openly discussed YET and he removed it. Plain and simple.

Diva did nothing wrong either, as she did not know.

I agree any REGULAR employee of a sponsor should not be a Mod, however... Terry was an expediter 20 years, and a mod 4 years before he became an employee of Fedex.

Special case? yep.

He tendered his resignation and I refused it, knowing he would follow procedures as it related to EO.

We are discussing it, and will come up with a policy as it relates to moderators from this point forward.

Thanks,

Dale

Reactions: 1 person

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
crap. missed one.

I'm sorry folks, but this was cut and dry. For the same reason we don't discuss certain customers... it's a confidentiality issue.

We don't set FedEx policy, they nicely informed Terry they did not want it openly discussed YET and he removed it. Plain and simple.

Diva did nothing wrong either, as she did not know.

I agree any REGULAR employee of a sponsor should not be a Mod, however... Terry was an expediter 20 years, and a mod 4 years before he became an employee of Fedex.

Special case? yep.

He tendered his resignation and I refused it, knowing he would follow procedures as it related to EO.

We are discussing it, and will come up with a policy as it relates to moderators from this point forward.

Thanks,

Dale

Well Duh...Dale..if you missed one how come ya didn't lock this or move it to the wash as well? *LOL*

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well Duh...Dale..if you missed one how come ya didn't lock this or move it to the wash as well? *LOL*
Because he wouldn't have otherwise had the opportunity to say that while EO doesn't set FedEx policy, they will enforce it. <giggle>

FWIW, I don't think Terry should lose his deserved status as a moderator, but I do think he should not edit or delete any post that has anything to do with FedEx. I think if FedEx wants to control what gets posted here, then an administrator, not a moderator, should be the censor.

I also think my opinion means very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.