Leaving expediting

jlb825

Seasoned Expediter
We have been contractors in expediting for almost 17 years. We were with Roberts Express-FedExCC for over twelve years and with Panther for 6. We are looking for someone to drive a van that our son was driving. He had to get a local job since he was recently married and has a baby.

We let our drivers run their trucks with little input from us unless asked. We feel if they are making money so are we.

If you are interested please contact us.

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Thought I would give everyone an up date as to what is going on. Tried to work out a deal with this owner so that I could continue driving but had no luck so I termed yesterday. Going to be taking van up to Panther in the morning and owner will come there and pick it up (he got it for sale here on expeditersonline if anyone is looking for a Sprinter). Today talked to another fleet owner thats been with Panther for 4 years and has trucks on with 2 of the other big companies.
He was going to bring the van down to Panther and meet be when I took the other van back. But that guy Murphy (you all know that guy) got in the way and something came up so he wants me to rent a car and drive up to MI and pick the van up. But thus far I have not found a rental company that you can rent one way that will bring the car to you. (Maybe I could have myself expedited up there).
And I would like to thank everyone on here for all there advice and caring.

Panther Art

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am sure there is a van driver somewhere around Seville in the day time. Maybe they could run you over to the Akron/Canton airport. Should be able to find a one wayer rental there.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave I would more than glad to help him out on a ride to the Airport since I live in Seville, Ohio. Just send me a message.

tlang563

Seasoned Expediter
>what about greyhound? They'll get you there in one piece.
And for the price of a ticket you get to enjoy a 3-ring circus enroute. Never a dull moment on the Dog! Seriously if you're considering GH check their website in advance for schedule cancellations. They've cancelled some schedules out of Cleveland(mostly EB toward NY at this time)so I would imagine the Cleveland terminal is a 6-ring circus about now. Tom.