Laundry

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why does the per diem confuse so many,

Because the whole tax code confuses people. Just look at Charlie Rangel. Even he can't seem to make sense of it.

I implore everyone in this business to work with a tax accountant. The money saved in deductions will more than offset the yearly fee. Tax codes are constantly changing and I personally am not capable of keeping up to date with the changes or comprehending them.

I'm a bit anal about running my business. I have printed trip sheets for every load I run. These trip sheets include date, pro number, start and ending mileage, shipper, consignee, all fuel purchases with mileage, mileage pay, f.s.c., D.H. pay, what I was wearing and my current state of mind. I file all expenses, receipts and trip sheets in a monthly envelope.

I also write my own receipts for things like self service car washes and prior to getting I-Pass; receipts for tolls when going through an unmanned booth.

Work with a knowledgeable tax accountant and stretch your tax dollars. Charlie Rangel does and you should too! Worst case, you have a cribbage partner in the federal pen.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS SO MUCH DISCUSSION ON LAUNDRY AND SHOWERS.

IT IS A TOTALLY LEGAL SEPARATE DEDUCTION WITHOUT ANY QUESTION AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW GUIDELINES IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PER DIEM PERIOD. REMEMBER THE SHOWERS THAT YOU PAID FOR CASH ARE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED, EVEN IF IS A 1/2 SHOWER.PAID.

I POSTED A FORMAT FOR ALL TO FOLLOW IN REGARD TO THIS QUESTION IN NOVEMBR OF 2009 AND IT WAS POSTED AGAIN WITHIN THIS THREAD IN JUNE OR JULY

jUST FOLLOW THAT FORMAT AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING AUDITED FOR IT.

FRANK kATZ
frANKS TAX & BUSINESS SERVICE