"Largest Expediting Company in the County"

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"Here we go again!!!

That's all I have to say on this subject! "

What?!?

I'm just pointing to the facts, not saying anything else.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They claim it right there on their ad on the Home Page of this site, as well as in their ad in the latest Expedite Now magazine.

Greg, maybe they're including all the companies that Fenway Partners controls, like RoadLink, Greatwide Logistics, Targus (laptop accessories), Easton Bell (helmets and sports products by Riddell, Bell, Easton, Giro), Simmons Bedding, Harry Winston Jewelers, several others. lol

greg334

Veteran Expediter
RE:

>Greg, maybe they're including all the companies that Fenway
>Partners controls, like RoadLink, Greatwide Logistics,
>Targus (laptop accessories), Easton Bell (helmets and sports
>products by Riddell, Bell, Easton, Giro), Simmons Bedding,
>Harry Winston Jewelers, several others. lol

This may be true, and all I can find is that they have $1.4B in their portfolio, so I guess they are larger.

I also see that they have 'acquired' 14 companies since 2000, which is the number of companies my former employer also 'acquired' - now they are having a lot of problems growing too fast.

Oh doesn't FedEx spend $1.4B on fuel each quarter for their small fleet of planes?

Well never mind.. :p

fortwayne

Not a Member
RE:

Largest - who cares......
Smallest - plenty, but who cares.........
The best - hopefully the one you are driving for and the only person that cares is you...........
My thoughts - gee, I don't even care...........

Fort Wayne
Now That Is Stupid!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
RE:

why do we argure about the biggest,biggest isnt always best,its how much each of the contractors is making,which company has the most profitable owners,then that would be a contest,just because 1 company has more trucks than another doesnt mean they are best,its the company that its owner opps net the most money,then that one is the best

whitey1

Seasoned Expediter
RE:

Yup, there it was right on the home page ad, "Largest expedite company in the country".
"Duh" on me.

S

sucbadriver

I could be wrong but I think the meaning behind that is while Panther is not the largest company out there we are the largest that does just expediting. Most other compaines that do expediting also have regular ground service like Fedex. Fedex isnt just expedite you can ship expedite or up to 10 days ground.Does that make sence?

Daytrader106

Seasoned Expediter
>Thawk,Swift is not the largest trucking company in the
>world.That "honor" goes to UPS,with Fedex #2.Swift is in the
>top 10.DD.

You are wrong. The largest Trucking company in the world is Deutsche Post. They are big to the point that buying Fed Ex or UPS Woud not be a problem for them.

Look for them to enter thr US expeiditing market in 2010.