Landstar

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Landstar is not the company I join a few years ago.They took away the Truck Search without notice to us.They seem to not care how hard it is out there.Every BCO needs to go to Jacksonville in Jan '10.at BCO Days.They should get down and kiss our feet for making them the money they get paid.We make the wheel go round we do the work they take the big fat bonus,and treat us like .... Ive sent three email on this subject and did not get a single responce.I called and was told they where working on it.We all need to Take a week off and go down there and see about this,remember we haul the goods they take the big pay checks home.I have bills to pay,truck payment and fuel to buy. Now how out there has the balls to join me.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
I don't like it either!

Having said that, I don't think it's hurt my bottom line but there's no way of knowing what
could have been.

I was told that there were issues of safety regarding our female BCO's and there were
reports of units being placed out of service by other BCO's so they could climb up the list
of first in first out.

I didn't like it when they started putting our names on the site and that seems to be when all the crap started.

I really miss being able to see if my friends were in the same area.

Let's wait and see how they change some things back, like truck #'s and the current location of the other trucks would be nice.

L

lyly10388

I don't like it either!

Having said that, I don't think it's hurt my bottom line but there's no way of knowing what
could have been.

I was told that there were issues of safety regarding our female BCO's and there were
reports of units being placed out of service by other BCO's so they could climb up the list
of first in first out.

I didn't like it when they started putting our names on the site and that seems to be when all the crap started.

I really miss being able to see if my friends were in the same area.

Let's wait and see how they change some things back, like truck #'s and the current location of the other trucks would be nice.
I also think so.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Humm I am on the Landstar site right now and I can see trucks and the current location doesnt give truck number or name but does give size of truck and city state location

century48

Seasoned Expediter
Yeh.. a few years ago, when I wrote a very polite letter to the President of Lea.. He said
that if I was unhappy maybe I should go somewhere else.. It was quite a shock but I did just that and have heard it hasn't gotten any better...

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yeh.. a few years ago, when I wrote a very polite letter to the President of Lea.. He said
that if I was unhappy maybe I should go somewhere else.. It was quite a shock but I did just that and have heard it hasn't gotten any better...

what do you want? name age phone sex address???

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What I would like to see is the weights, the location and the size of the trucks. Even the truck numbers would be a good thing but right now it is like blank. I heard several times that it was going to be 'fixed' but it wasn't broken so how can it be 'fixed - it is a simple add a line of code thing.

For many of us who used that data to relocate or to determine our competition, it is important.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sounds to me like a company that just don't care if this is all ture.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
What I would like to see is the weights, the location and the size of the trucks. Even the truck numbers would be a good thing but right now it is like blank. I heard several times that it was going to be 'fixed' but it wasn't broken so how can it be 'fixed - it is a simple add a line of code thing.

For many of us who used that data to relocate or to determine our competition, it is important.

Well you get some of that you get size and location so I dont know what your looking at I am looking at the Dallas area I can see cargo vans , flat beds , 53 foot vans, straight trucks and the city and state they are in

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The last time I checked, all I got was B, superB, D, DLG, DRF. I could not tell if the superB was 10, 11 or 15 feet, or if it could haul 2000, 3000 or 4750 lbs.

The details are not there when I checked a couple weeks ago.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
The last time I checked, all I got was B, superB, D, DLG, DRF. I could not tell if the superB was 10, 11 or 15 feet, or if it could haul 2000, 3000 or 4750 lbs.

The details are not there when I checked a couple weeks ago.

I must be special i see b and super b and how long they are same with straight trucks can see how long they are too you must no be on the good list? like me:D

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
A little perspective on Landstar from an ex-Independent Agent:

The website is very different depending on your access. Certain agents can see ALL your information. Others can not. There are BCO's who are also agents...! Yeah, you read that correctly. There aren't supposed to be but there certainly are.

Think of them as "teachers pets", domeciled within their own agency, 100% conflict of interest.

The golf course at LS HQ sucks anyway.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
A little perspective on Landstar from an ex-Independent Agent:

The website is very different depending on your access. Certain agents can see ALL your information. Others can not. There are BCO's who are also agents...! Yeah, you read that correctly. There aren't supposed to be but there certainly are.

Think of them as "teachers pets", domeciled within their own agency, 100% conflict of interest.

The golf course at LS HQ sucks anyway.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Back in 2005 when I was last with them there was those BCO agents. Your right they do have them. There were about 3 agents that I would work for that were actually honest and kept rates up. Why or how they could do it and no one else could is beyond me. I never attended the annual S#*&^^ contest in Jacksonville but if you saw the pictures of it afterwords it told the whole story. Welcome to the dark side.

Monty

Expert Expediter
When I was with LEA in 2003, that info was available. It made it easy to find friends, and foes, in a particuler location.

I have heard there were several reasons they dropped the info, but I betch the biggest one was, "Waaa, you loaded x before you did me!"

In a world of agents, they load the ones that have done the best work for, and with, them.

Hence, I usually "camp out" in locations such as McDonald's, Waffle House, etc ... I'm not anti social, but I have a business to run, just as you do. I try to remain profitable, and trust you will also.

In summary .. all the information I need is there on display .... NOW .... if I could get a list of the competition, THAT would be a real bonus .... anyone care to combine the QC data, so we can see the congreations of units? :D