Kudos to CIS

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As usual, the lovely ladies at CIS were friendly, professional and helpful. I am very thankful to have them handling my insurance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I am sooooo with you on this, Leo. When my insurance came up for renewal, I received a call on Saturday that stretched into 4 calls as different scenarios were discussed and I ended up with insurance for about half of what my auto-renewal price would have been. :D $$$ :D

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
The entire staff of CIS (including John - not just the ladies) is the "Cream of the Crop". I could give numerous instances that they were there for our Owner Operators and Premium Transportation Logistics. I highly recommend CIS.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
We just moved our fleet over to CIS today! Everyone that we talked to on the phone was a pleasure to deal with. Hopefuly we never need it but its nice to know they are there when needed.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
John, Shelly and the whole staff are great at CIS. We have our building insurance with CIS and never have any problems with CIS. John and Shelly are great people that have supported the Expediters Expo many years. Plus they save you a lot of money on truck insurance too. :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ok that's great we have a commercial but I know who they are and how well they treat everyone but has anyone had a claim that they helped with or advice they have given to back up the kudos?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Yeah. We had a claim in late December/early January. And then used our roadside assistance when our transmission went out.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So Jenny, how was CIS when it came to your understand how road side assistance worked?

Were they involved with anything or followed up on any issue you had?

Kat, poo to you too :)

RMPM01

Seasoned Expediter
Can someone direct me to their web site.

I got Grange Insurance right now, they want more $$ :mad:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So Jenny, how was CIS when it came to your understand how road side assistance worked?

I think her first reply was self explanatory.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

When the door damaged happened I emailed John at CIS since I couldn't keep a signal to talk but the place were had wifi. He gave me the contact information for who I needed at Progressive. From there CIS followed up after the adjuster came to my dads house, in northern Michigan, where we were for Christmas. We also briefly discussed that the damages would be repaired while we were on our cruise to eliminate down time. The repair was then scheduled in Florida. Dropped the van off before we headed to port and picked up when we got back. There was a survey/follow up to make sure we were satisfied with things.

For the roadside assistance we called CIS when the van broke down. They gave us who we needed to contact at Progressive. Within 30 minutes our tow truck was there to take us to the dealership 75 miles away. Again we had a follow up to make sure we were satisfied.

We don't have to call CIS everytime as we can call Progressive directly, but we also like to make sure they know what is going on as well. Whether it matters or not I don't know.

When we were initially talking to CIS to get rate quotes, the rate was higher than our policy was at Load1, by about $40 per year. The reason being was that when we got it I was 26, and Nick 29. I have never had a ticket or accident and Nick has none on his current record. The deductible is only $100/$500 on our policy vs the $500/1000. Also the roadside assistance for $.50/month has already paid for itself as well as the price difference in the insurance rate. While talking to the tow truck driver, he said typically for a flatbed tow, which we had would be about $3.00 per mile. Ours would have been around $225. Another reason we prefer them is we know them. We have seen their faces and talked to them at various shows and workshops.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have posted kudos to them for being prompt and courteous when working by phone to get proof of insurance, ask a question or whatever. I have posted no stories because I have had no claims. I guess I could have claimed something from the deer that attacked my van but I have not and am not going to do anything about it. Hopefully there will be no other opportunity.