Know Your Clearance

Runner411

Seasoned Expediter
I needed a good laugh, as scary as that is. One of those guys had his roll up door ripped clean off.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Wow, have you seen the one where the front end jumped up in the air about 3 feet when it hit the bridge?
I bet that those drivers are watching the clearance signs even when driving their cars from now on.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Not fun. I know when I rented trucks to move I never thought about height. I should have but having never driven a truck it never even entered my mind. Maybe it would be a good idea for the rental companies to STRESS that fact when they rent out a truck. Layoutshooter

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, have you seen the one where the front end jumped up in the air about 3 feet when it hit the bridge?

I came upon the aftermath of a wreck involving a dump truck with its box up that hit a bridge. The impact tore the box from the truck forcing the cab up and into the underside of the bridge. The cab was crushed, killing the driver.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
We have straight trucks, and our clearance are 13.2. The company policy is if not 13'6"clearance, DO NOT Enter!! exception NY city There we just, approch with caution.