kindle or nook or...ipad?

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have a Nook, and buy ZERO books. When at home, on the wi-fi, I download books from the library, (ebooks section), and read that way.

Of course they disappear from the Nook at the check out period.

jpalmer

Seasoned Expediter
I'm at a point right now where I'm wanting an Ipad But don't really see any use for it other then surfing the web and playing with apps.

I've got an Ipod touch. I love sitting in front of the TV watching youtube videos or surfing the web. a Couple of times I've watched entire episodes of sitcoms on youtube while sitting in front of my 47 inch LG HDTV. lol. I can recline in my chair and not worry about a keyboard or a bulky laptop.

But, I also am having problems buying one based on the lack of features like printing, word, no USB ports and i can't upload vidoes to youtube on it. I want a Nook too. So, I gotta make a choice. Do I want both? or just one? Apple has books on tape...

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
But, I also am having problems buying one based on the lack of features like printing, word, no USB ports and i can't upload vidoes to youtube on it. I want a Nook too. So, I gotta make a choice. Do I want both? or just one? Apple has books on tape...

Just a note on the ipad, my friends have two, they can type text and add signatures to PDF files- really handy, and you can get things printed, but you may have to buy a new printer for it to work. There's some folks on here that have 'em, I'm sure they can give more info :)

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
It also runs out of batteries exponentially faster than eink.

really. not very hard to connect it to charge when you are driving and not using it. :)

it is ideal for team use when you are sleeping. the reader can stay up reading and not have any extra light on in the truck disturbing the sleeper.

it also comes with pandora, suduko, chess and crossword puzzles and an array of apps in the pipeline.
you can change the font, font size and background to cut down on glare. you can also ask a flesh and blood person, in person, for help rather than wait online for someone from amazon.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
forgot to say the b&w version is always available if battery life is the ultimate reason you want an ebook reader.