June and load one

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
One said a few weeks ago, cant remember which, that they were keeping a large number of employees working through the normal shutdown

Reactions: Windsor

guido4475

Not a Member
All I know is once the van is fixed, I'm gonna need all the loads I can handle..

Attachments

• 1467252114972.jpg
    1467252114972.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 36

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One supplier I know will be working overtime during shutdowns, how that pans out for us, IDK o_O

guido4475

Not a Member
I thought you were out and running, Did something happen o_O
I was. Pretty sure a spark plug blew out of the threaded hole in the head. Only about 3 threads in the aluminum head hold the plug in. A design flaw. Ford actually has a repair kit for this very problem.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was. Pretty sure a spark plug blew out of the threaded hole in the head. Only about 3 threads in the aluminum head hold the plug in. A design flaw. Ford actually has a repair kit for this very problem.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully a quick fix :oops:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those are tough. I hope you get a load out of there. Oh wait....already did :)

And.... When I got to the shipper, I called the number on the gate. Guy said " pickup number" Yes I do, rolled out the first three numbers and he said "that's it come on in. Less than ten minutes out and on my way to Sweetwater, Tn. Drop off at 0600, got here at 2300, open and got unloaded. Smooth on both pickup and delivery.

Thank You Dispatch!!!!

ThankYou Dispatch for at least getting to home state. May flip the switch and go home. Lot of things to get ready for the Japanese group coming home. They are bringing home one more than they left with, well she is due to be here Thanksgiving day, we just can't see her yet. New Grandson will be here in July!! That will be 5. Well,5 I know of lol.

guido4475

Not a Member
Sorry to hear that, hopefully a quick fix :oops:
It should be. It's just getting to it that will be the problem. I think it is the #2 plug, the worst one to get to, that blew out. The engineers should be hung by their balls for designing such a poor design, meant to fail. There are only 3 threads that hold the plug in. There is no way to prevent this from happening, or even detecting it before it happens. The spark plug is in a recessed hole in the engine head, and you can barely see the plug itself when looking in the hole. Here is the fix for it, after the hole is drilled out. Throw a wad of grease in the hole while drilling to keep aluminum shavings from going into the cylinder. Than suck any remaining shavings out with a shop vac when done.

Attachments

• 1467292000559.jpg
    1467292000559.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 29

guido4475

Not a Member
Typical aluminum head problem...

Attachments

• 1467303329505.jpg
    1467303329505.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 33
  • 1467303345937.jpg
    1467303345937.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 29

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Only have two straights over 24 hours available right now...Steve is one of them :(