July 4th slowdown and the shutdowns

M

mcclain

Well, this weekend will be a slow one that is for sure with the July 4th holiday.

So, are you heading home for the holiday weekend?

When are you coming back out on the road?

Can we expect the week after the 4th to remain slow?

Some of these places use the holiday weekend as their 'cleanup' time - what's in your plans.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'm setting on the bank of the Ohio River with the camping machine waiting for the Madison, Indiana Regatta to start. Love watch'in those 200+ MPH boats fly by.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
We are already home and getting ready to go camping. We have had a stressful past few months and need the time away. Have a safe and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYONE.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Will Be out there waiting for freight ...
watching for both DUI and they're predators

Moose.:(

M

mcclain

x06col - Ok sir, I think you have to much time on your hand with all this vacationing around that your doing.
I think you need to head up here to Fort Wayne and show me how to run a trucking company.
No, sir, seriously - glad to see you enjoying some deserved 'rest' time - you earned it for all you have done.

R

rangell218

Im sitting home off the road for a week spendingtime with grandson and family going back out on the 7th hope everyone enjoy what ever place they are at, its time to get some rest, god bless and be safe

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
Kinda went into a forced vacation, got my MC # Monday and setting up contacts for runs, anyway my dispacte has forgot about me since friday anyway, still lease to them but soon as my ducks are in the water I'll fly the coop.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Got a load going from Pandora, OH to Pedrickstown, NJ that doesn't drop until the 3rd. will more than likely stay available for the holiday but head home when I'm done. Need to keep the bills paid. Especially now that I have a gas bill that I never had before with prices at 4.00 a gallon.:mad:

I will celebrate when we have independence from Big Oil Companies and G. Bush.....:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm heading to Ft Wayne tomorrow, (to Bentz, for repairs), and if I don't get a load out on Thursday, I'll be looking for someplace to cook out - got any suggestions, McClain? (Besides the truckstop, I mean) Susie will be there, too, if she doesn't get out of Indy, and we are planning a shishkebob & steak picnic, and any & all are welcome to join in, ok?:)

M

mcclain

If you are here in Fort Wayne on July 4th then you need to get ahold of me and if I am still here as well then we might have to figure something out.

If I am tied up let me make a few suggestions to get away from the truck stop. If you go east on 930 (Coliseum Blvd) away from the truck stop - about 5 minutes down the road in Glenbrook Square (huge shopping center) that has some new stores in there.

If you have a GPS get directions to the Walmart on Maysville Road, there is a new Wings-Etc bar located there and let me say that place has the best ribs and mushrooms anywhere I have ate.

Drop me a line though I might be here but I could be heading to the Wilkes-Barre, PA.

Either way - welcome to Fort Wayne (home of the champion Fort Wayne Komets Hockey team)

are12

Expert Expediter
Hey McCain, what are you going to be doing in the Wilkes-Barre area? That is only about 30 minutes from where we live!!

We are already home, have been for almost a week, and won't go back into service until the 8th.

We had the grandson for a few days, been out on the bike a couple of times (planning to go to the PA Grand Canyon tomorrow on the bike), then Thursday we will get everything ready for our annual 4th of July cookout. I can't wait, it is always such a great time with friends and family!!

Hey Brian and Cindy - have a great time camping. Hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you all a great 4th of July!!

M

mcclain

are12 - without giving out to much information I am meeting with another motor carrier about a possible joint venture.

that's it.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
welp............. im in Buffalo NY ... ha.........
droped a load up near Torontoooo monday morning...... and came home.
truck had to go in the shop.... and has been there a lil bit longer then accpected.....
its ready this morning for me to pick up..........
annnd past couple days is canada's holiday .. soo they r all shut down........ and this weekend will be usa's holiday.....
annd i need to squeeze in a lil time to go get more blood presure meds while im here.
soooooooooo on that note........
yes its gonna be cooking out time here at the OK corral.... my mom's birthday is sunday on top of it all..... and planning on something special for her.
i have however...... since my truck is ready ..... to leave myself open for mini loads only for this area.... period.
everyone have a great and safe weekend.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm heading to Ft Wayne tomorrow, we are planning a shishkebob & steak picnic, and any & all are welcome to join in, ok?:)

Don't forget to pick up some curry paste for the shishkebob marinade. After consulting my copy of Manifold Destiny, the authors recommend using a dipstick from a short block Chevy engine if you have no skewers.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't have skewers, as it happens - I have shishkebaskets, instead, so the lil pieces-parts don't fall into the coals, ya know. Great for shishkebob, (and for keeping the olives in the martini, if you have a really BIG glass), terrible for dipsticking. :p
And I have a load, picking up tomorrow in Indy, delivering Monday near Boston, so the cookout has been relocated to home base: the Metroparks, in NE Ohio. Waahoo!! :D

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
bought new car,plan on breaking it in,,and no,havent got rid of the trans am,just another toy,built by chevroet,an HHR

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Don't forget to pick up some curry paste for the shishkebob marinade. After consulting my copy of Manifold Destiny, the authors recommend using a dipstick from a short block Chevy engine if you have no skewers.

Mmmmm....Curry sounds good. Nuthin like a little curry to make you sweat just a bit more on a hot July day in FL. My preference is curry shrimp on the barbie.