JR

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Is Dale Jr. a joke or what? And yet he is the popular driver? I am NOT an avid NASCAR fan but I watched the race today and thought he was a joke. He misses his pit once then can't even pull into the box. Then he gets ****ed and clips the back end of Vickers.

If it wasn't for his daddy and his popularity I don't think an owner would want him. He has never contended for the championship. He has won the daytona 500 once, and that was a gimme in the year after the death of his dad at the same race.

I know all you JR lovers are going to jump on me but with what I saw today he is a J O K E !!!!!

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the pressure of not performing well is starting to catch up with him, going to Hendrick was supposed to cure all his woes. Guess it isn't happening. The pressure of "Junior Nation" is immense.

He did sound a little doofish, he made a mistake, admit it, get over it, move on.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
If any of the other drivers had tried to pass below the double yellow line then come up & spin a driver out like JR did, the announcers would've torn that driver to shreds with their commentary but seeing how it was JR that pulled that stunt, they went easy on him. In my opinion, JR is waaaaay over rated as a driver and is definately riding on his daddy's coat tails.

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
yes jr finally showed his true colors for the idiot no talent driver he is his daddy had more talent in his little finger then jr does in his whole body what gets me in the race the day before a driver pulled an almost identical move and was penalized 5 laps so whats the difference here i will tell you what it,s his name
and for all you jr fans out there if he is so good then why is he not doing any better now that he is getting the best equipment there is and he still can,t compete for a win of course most of you probaly believe the same thing a freind of mine thinks when i mention the equipment he claims that hendrick is not giving him his best equipment that the best stuff is held for jimmie johnson last year now this year he claims it is going to mark martin excuses excuses and as for jr also running his mouth about jeff burton last night well i just lost all the respect i had for jr after that one all he does is blame others for is bad races the boy or should i say baby jr should look in the mirror to see who is really to blame

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Not to many men are the man their Father was. Baby Dale has always been over rated. He's a big draw for NASCAR merchandise, which I'm sure the France family gets the Lions share of.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I see we have JR haters amongst us.Jr is not or does he claim to be his great daddy.The reason his fans love him, he's very honest in what he does.When he screws up,he says he did it,doesnt try to put the blame on someone else.
If you know anything about restrictor plate racing,you know the motors dont have throttle response,so to pass yuo have to get a run on the person your going to pass,which is just waht jr was doing,before Vickers put on the block.So JR woouldnt hit him square in the back,or get off the throttle,which might have caused him to drop back about 10 places before he would be able to get his power back up.Now when JR pulled down to miss Vickers,he tapped him in the left rear,this got the car slightly sideways,but when Jr cme back up,because Vickers was working on saving his car then clipped him again,which caused the big wreck.On Satudays race that driver did the bump on purpose,Jr didnt do it on purpose,thats why Nascar didnt punish him.Now as far as missing the pit,or having the tire outside the box,this can happen,and actually the official got in volved to late,as they normally,point out the infraction before there is a foul.when he missed his pit box,that also can happen very easy,the crew chief is suppose to direct him to it,but that didnt happen.
I race with Jr on line,even though what we play is a game,it is very realistic.in fact most of the younger drivers sometime or another race the game.Its called Nascar Racing 2003 season.
Hope you JR hatters understand more,and most of dale Srs fans went with Harvick and stayed with RCR

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Night....I like you more and more every day! You worded that perfectly! I was just going to say how cute he is! LOL! Although, I am a Gordon fan.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I don't "HATE" JR...but I do think that nascar picks & chooses who they want to penalize and also picks & chooses when they want to throw a caution for 'deprise' when they want to change thr results of a race. The nascar rules should be applied to ALL drivers at ALL times...not just for the ones that nascar or the fans favors.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I am not a JR hater, in fact, I don't even care for NASCAR. All I was doing was making an observation about the race and his performance. Granted because of his popularity he is under the microscope all the time. Did another driver do the same as he did when it came to the pit mistakes? Don't know.

All I know is he was crying about 1" after the race. Well if the rule is from the inside of the white line then ANY part of the tire touching the line is an infraction just like in football. Then he was crying about how his sign was pink and everyone elses sign was pink. But HIS was the only one with 88 on it.

Maybe he needs glasses? And I didn't see him being a stand up guy like Night claims. It was everyone elses fault.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I am no fan of JR's, nor was I of his dad. But the fact is they both are good drivers. Jr has won what 20 cup races at this point in his career? I might be wrong, but i think that 20 # is right. Now that is no small deal. There are guys that have not won 5 cup races in the total career.

I like the kid, he isn't the most talented but he does well and yes he does make alot of money for himself, hendricks and nascar. He is a crowd fav and he is out spoken. If he had wrecked vickers on purpose, he would have said so, he doesn't make excuses. Yea he will whine and did last weekend, but show me any of those boys that don't.

He had a bad day, and messed up a few times, but i'll still say he is a better then most in nascar. Not the best, but better then most. He has talent and will win a few races this year.

And no he isn't his daddy, and he isn't trying to be.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
piling on.......he recently took track owners to task for the rise in ticket prices that keep fans away.

apparently jr thinks the tracks can continue to make improvements from last years money.

i am not a fan of the driver personality cult that is the current craze in nascab. look alike cars with different engines means nascab is a spec chassis series and is no longer about a car manufacturer. next series to adopt the cot is the nationwide series. restrictors have got close racing and multi car pile ups that look like a wfe royal rumble but in the thousands of dollars to repair.

i could go on but whats the point. bill sr and the legends of my youth are turning over in their graves over the "improvements".

wellarmed

Not a Member
I am a fan of many drivers including JR. having 18 wins,87 top fives,140 top tens and 8 poles in Sprint Cup and 22 wins,51 top fives,71 top tens and 9 poles in the nationwide,how is he riding on his fathers name. MY opinion is he needs to cut the strings with his cousin and crew chief,that is just my opinion.