January Locations & Witty Repartee

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I am no OSU fan but..... I still want them to win tonight. Show America what the Big 10 and midwest football is all about.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
An Ohio State National Champions Shirt Is Already Available On Amazon. Or rather was. Sometime overnight Sunday it went to "unavailable," probably because Ducks fans were whining like little girls that the t-shirt being for sale before the game was in poor taste, disrespectful and arrogant, and, that it proves the game is fixed.

One Ducks fan noted, however, "Awesome, all those poor 3rd world children will be getting these later next week." :D

http://www.amazon.com/Buckeyes-Nati...5+National+Champs+Long+Sleeve+Shirt+Tradition

It was a pricey shirt at $32.99, though.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well a late game, but Ohio made the Ducks regret taking the field. That is for sure.

W

Windsor

Because of my BUCKEYES I have a really bad emotional hangover. Feels great though! O-H-I-O

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well first load of the new year, nice easy one. Let's see if I can remember how to do this

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well first load of the new year, nice easy one. Let's see if I can remember how to do this

I hear ya. Booked for my first load of 2015 also, if I didn't just jinx myself haha. Southern bound, I'll take any rise in temperature at this point :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Today I had my two-week followup since replacing the cast with the removable cast/splint. It's healing, but at a glacial pace. Slower than the doctor would like, but not altogether unexpected. Age, smoking, the amount of ligament and tendon damage, all play a part. I was told no ibuprofen because it dramatically slowed bone healing. So I was taking Tylenol for the pain, and naproxin for the swelling. Turns out, other than aspirin, it's any and all NSAIDs including naproxin. It directly delays union (of the new bone growth to the old bone) and inhibits fracture healing. Awesome.

When he put the cast on he told me 5 weeks with a cast, then 4-6 weeks of rehab and healing before I could return to work without major difficulty. Looks like 6 weeks it is. I hope.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Turtle, if you need occasional pain relief, you might try the generic Excedrin - it has aspirin, acetaminophen [generic Tylenol], and caffeine. The Tylenol might be a drawback, but the aspirin & caffeine mean there's less of it, at least.
Still have swelling? Is that normal? [I've never broken a bone - yet.]

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorry to hear that turtle. This has been truly turtle like....slow and steady.

W

Windsor

Turtle, if you need occasional pain relief, you might try the generic Excedrin - it has aspirin, acetaminophen [generic Tylenol], and caffeine. The Tylenol might be a drawback, but the aspirin & caffeine mean there's less of it, at least.
Still have swelling? Is that normal? [I've never broken a bone - yet.]

Agree Cheri, the Walmart brand works good for pain and is awesome for my migraines. Called headache relief at Walmart.