January Locations & Witty Repartee

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm suddenly reminded of the time my youngest sister called and begged me to come over to her place to kill a bug. She swore it was the size of a Labrador, and she had it trapped under a laundry basket, and suggested I bring a shotgun, lol.
When I got there, [no weapon but a flyswatter], it was nowhere to be found. She said it must have escaped while she was locked in the bathroom with the phone.
Wicked bug stories are hilarious - when it's not threatening you, of course. ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When I awoke to this... thing... I had to leave the bedroom to get some stuff to kill it (and to put the clothes on that I grabbed as I left). A firearm briefly entered my mind, but just as quickly I realized that trying to kill a wasp in the bedroom with a .22 rifle left handed was probably not the best choice. So, a can of Wasp Freeze and a large towel. I also made sure to shut the door to the bedroom when I left, so as to not let the wasp get out while I was in the garage. When I came back, the wasp wasn't on the window sill where I left it. It was nowhere to be found. OMG WHERE IS IT?

I thought the best way to deal with this is to go to a hotel and have the house tented and bromide gassed. But I thought that if I could find it before it found me, I could save a little money. The hunt was on. Except I felt like the prey. I'm still wearing a removable cast, a cripple with a weakness, easy prey. What if he had friends? Can I even do this? I'm not confident.

With a broom handle I tentatively poked the half-closed blinds on one of the windows. Nothing. Then the other window. Nothing. I opened the blinds and raised them fully on the second window. Nothing. Head on a swivel checking out the rest of the room, trying to pick up a surprise attack from the rear. I go back to the first window and poke again. I reach for the stick and twist to open the slats a little more.

There it is! Sitting on the top of the sill of the bottom window, right there by the little lock thingy. Sitting there, looking at me through the slat, it's evil body pulsating, pulsating, pulsating. PULSATING!!!

I lay the broom on the awesome Load One Down Inc down comforter/duvet on the bed, and reach for the Wasp Freeze. With my left hand, I push the nozzle on the can and from four feet away it's a direct hit on the wasp! The crowd goes wild! It falls to the floor. I crush it with my shoe. It's dead. Dead-dead! Victory at last!

I yanked on the toilet paper roll as if I were a woman, thereby ensuring I had a sufficient wad of paper to guarantee the stinger won't poke through, picked up the good wasp and flushed my hard-earned trophy down the toilet. I opened the windows a little, turned on a fan to air out the bedroom a little to get rid of the insecticide (that stuff is SO not for indoor use).

I am once again the manly-man of the castle! GGGRRR!!!!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well that is a hard post to follow up on....

So I am going to go with good freezing morning from Taylor Michigan!

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Seeing the forecast for more mess, and negative digit temperatures, I followed RoadTime's lead and ordered tires.

eb

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I got one i need to get done also. WANNA TRADE BILLS !!!!!!

Last edited:

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
I would like to revisit the idea of having a Load One yard in waaaay South Carolina. I would be way more motivated to go back to work. I hate this crappy, cold, snowy weather. Just say'n.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Better yet get a place in Laredo for us to sit at that's got ac and a shower and i would gladly take loads there!

You never know what 2015 might bring!!!

Good morning gang. Another day and the first work flight of 2015. Man I wish this cold would go away!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sylectus is down, we are not seeing the messages from the satellites right now.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I stand corrected internally we are ok it is the external Sylectus that is down like fleet vision.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Global warming....coffee water line on the plane was frozen. Really???