January Banter and Location

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
At 10K GVW would you have to log?

Not at 10k but if your loaded and weigh 10,001 or more it's a whole new ball game which includes logging which includes logging a pre trip insp., dot sleeper, medical card, safety triangles, fire ext., annual inspection and a few other things.

Just keep this mind if the vehicle you drive is ever over 10k loaded..... The fines can add up quick and are often huge not to mention CSA points against you and the carrier.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not at 10k but if your loaded and weigh 10,001 or more it's a whole new ball game which includes logging which includes logging a pre trip insp., dot sleeper, medical card, safety triangles, fire ext., annual inspection and a few other things.

Just keep this mind if the vehicle you drive is ever over 10k loaded..... The fines can add up quick and are often huge not to mention CSA points against you and the carrier.

I was thinking that vans starting weight was 10K which confused me. I take it that is not the case.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I was thinking that vans starting weight was 10K which confused me. I take it that is not the case.

No the van empty will not weigh 10k. LEGALLY the van will carry 2500-3000 lbs depending on how it's outfitted, gear, and driver weight without going over the 10k mark

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No the van empty will not weigh 10k. LEGALLY the van will carry 2500-3000 lbs depending on how it's outfitted, gear, and driver weight without going over the 10k mark

Thanks for clearing that up, I must be spending to much time in the sun. But I'm not complaining :D

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
How does a driver without a commercial drivers licence (CDL) get banged with CSA points??

I guess I should have been more specific on that part. "IF" you have a CDL you will get CSA points.... Even if you do not have a CDL the carrier gets CSA points which results in many many other things one of which it makes it tougher for those with a CDL at the scales when our safety score is high

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
Are you insinuating that I would say something about the Barker clan not doing their cut of not so good loads and only taking the cream of the crop?

Dude, where did you get your information? Whoever started this vicious rumor or made that statement to you is an absolute outright LIAR!

You should check your facts that your receive from the rumor mongers you associate with. I would name them but sometime ago I read in here that it is not cool to be naming your "family" members on a public forum.

John was good enough to answer the rumor if you will take the time to read it. Yes, 2 of my drivers have turned down 2 loads in the past month, one was for 534 miles and the other was for 1566 miles, both for personal family reasons. I will give permission for you to view my fleet vision record on all my trucks anytime you want to and you will very quickly put that rumor to bed about us "cherry picking" loads.

I never come on this forum and am only here because one of my drivers pointed out to me about the existing lie bearing my name. Everyone have a great day and I hope all of you go back to your source and check it for truthfullness.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Dude, where did you get your information? Whoever started this vicious rumor or made that statement to you is an absolute outright LIAR!

You should check your facts that your receive from the rumor mongers you associate with. I would name them but sometime ago I read in here that it is not cool to be naming your "family" members on a public forum.

John was good enough to answer the rumor if you will take the time to read it. Yes, 2 of my drivers have turned down 2 loads in the past month, one was for 534 miles and the other was for 1566 miles, both for personal family reasons. I will give permission for you to view my fleet vision record on all my trucks anytime you want to and you will very quickly put that rumor to bed about us "cherry picking" loads.

I never come on this forum and am only here because one of my drivers pointed out to me about the existing lie bearing my name. Everyone have a great day and I hope all of you go back to your source and check it for truthfullness.

To each their own I guess. I will admit I was wrong about mentioning your name on the open forum but I do stand behind my words.

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
To each their own I guess. I will admit I was wrong about mentioning your name on the open forum but I do stand behind my words.

Cool, and I stand behind mine as well. You never heard that from me and coming from anyone else is strictly rumor and conjecture. HAPPY TRAILS.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Sprinters don't normally gel...but some of us use Power Service grey bottle about 8oz per tankful to help boost... cetane level..sprinters were engineered with 50 cetane in mind in Europe but over here 40 is pretty standard...

Boy, I run a load and you guys go nuts. Still reading, but wanted ti stop here.

Welcome Chris. You'll like it here.

Sprinters will gel. Diesel Service is good, but Jim in one of my sprinters started using RevX after I told him about it. He went from 18 mpg to 26 mpg in one bottle. It's an anti gel as well. The cetane is higher too.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Boy, I run a load and you guys go nuts. Still reading, but wanted ti stop here.

Welcome Chris. You'll like it here.

Sprinters will gel. Diesel Service is good, but Jim in one of my sprinters started using RevX after I told him about it. He went from 18 mpg to 26 mpg in one bottle. It's an anti gel as well. The cetane is higher too.

at -40 mine has NEVER ever gelled......go figure

jim told 18 to 22...4mpg......but then he has that piece of crap on his roof...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
at -40 mine has NEVER ever gelled......go figure

jim told 18 to 22...4mpg......but then he has that piece of crap on his roof...

Jim gave those numbers to Beki. I was standing there. The piece of "crap" on the roof keeps him warm and cool. Diesel doesn't care what it's in, it will gel if not treated.

You having a bad night or something :confused: