Jan 2014 Locations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL. When I tested the Espar on Wednesday it was 11 degrees. Got over 80 degrees in less then 30 minutes. But, I always get loaded out of Fargo!

SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY WILL SEE SOME OF THE COLDEST TEMPERATURES OF THE WINTER... AS THE ARCTIC HIGH MOVES INTO THE NORTHERN PLAINS. MANY LOCATIONS WILL HAVE HIGH TEMPERATURES BELOW ZERO ON SUNDAY. LOWS SUNDAY NIGHT WILL BE 15 BELOW ZERO TO 30 BELOW ZERO. THE COLD TEMPERATURES COMBINED WITH NORTHWEST WINDS WILL RESULT IN DANGEROUS WIND CHILL VALUES. ON SUNDAY... WIND CHILL VALUES WILL RANGE FROM 20 BELOW TO 40 BELOW ZERO... AND THEN DROP TO 30 BELOW TO 55 BELOW ZERO SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING.

Holy crap!!!.....Sunday for SD and ND.....:cool:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned down load offer Des Moines to Twin Cities today ....said no way unless round trip paid back to my house ...not spending weekend in Mn....lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Turned down load offer Des Moines to Twin Cities today ....said no way unless round trip paid back to my house ...not spending weekend in Mn....lol

You would be stuck up there until May before you finally thawed out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Weather says you are getting the cold as well......

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought Man had progressed from caves, to huts, to villages to cities. This "man cave" thing seems to suggest that some have regressed. Would that be considered "de-evolving"? :confused: :p

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought Man had progressed from caves, to huts, to villages to cities. This "man cave" thing seems to suggest that some have regressed. Would that be considered "de-evolving"? :confused: :p

Careful now this isn't the soap box ....lol

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Your making the assumption that we are all "progressed" to the same level.

mepamaqu.jpg

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Snowing and windy in Minneapolis I'm loaded and out of here

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not ready to deal with the super sub-zero temps and snow just yet, my vacation is not going to end now until Tuesday the 8th. I wish I was going to go in service next week with a new Espar heater but just can't justify it when tis is the last winter for this van.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
With the money you're saving by not buying the Espar this year, I'd take a couple more weeks off.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I got my Winnipeg delivery off this morning and took a long nap. Drove down to Fargo and dispatch got me a load to the warm, sunny west coast. So it's Fargo to just outside San Francisco CA. And it's in the 20's in Fargo. Guess the cold didn't make it here yet.

As far as the Espar, that's part of the reason I installed it myself. When I switch vans, I'll just move it to the next van. Staying with gas, so I bought the gas fueled Espar. Moving it will be far easier then the first time install. because now i have a good idea of how it all goes together. So far, it's working great.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Nashville headed north to an unexpected level 2 at the NB scale by the tn ky border got to enjoy the dot sgt. Freeze his butt off, why he chose to do this at 2200 hrs is beyond stupid ,I'm sure he was chilled the whole time.... Don't they ever give up! Only fault was putting 4 days in a row off on the same log sheet I told him I was following obamas green paperwork reduction plan = passed he also ran out of stickers