It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They got that fancy iPad to track ya, good for nothing.other than taking cash out of your pocket.

Sent from lost in space.
Reminded me of that story when one was booking a flight.
Passenger: "How come when I was booking a flight, ticket price was $600, now when I pay for it, it's $1000?"
Airline employee: "Its the price of the ticket + fees: sales fee, ticket origination fee, fuel surcharge fee, luggage fee..."
Passenger: "I have no luggage!?"
Airline employee: "... no luggage fee..."

Sent from my i-sung.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been quiet a few days... started with PTL out of Toledo .. fastmans old outfit and the current project for the old express 1 CEO.. 2 loads already this week miles are meh but already higher then my avg week ! We shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I 2nd Fastman's comment....... Oh crap! and add:...what were you thinking?...:eek::eek:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I 2nd Fastman's comment....... Oh crap! and add:...what were you thinking?...:eek::eek:
We'll see .... give Eric time to get his feet wet there .... we've talked and the New PTL sounds decent ... let Eric give Blood first ... maybe their stuff sticks to the wall ...

Meanwhile i am headed to Lost English ( los indigos) for 7pm pickup ....

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I've never had a Qualcomm. I don't think I'm missing anything.
If ya ever had to have a tracker so far I think the QC is the best.
I have had 3 different trackers. The QC, Macro point and a Verizon tablet. Tablet wasnt a bad system but the macro point just plained sucked.. I didn't care for it at all even tho it properly was the cheapest.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We'll see .... give Eric time to get his feet wet there .... we've talked and the New PTL sounds decent ... let Eric give Blood first ... maybe their stuff sticks to the wall ...

That's how I use to promote supervisors. Throw them against the wall, if they stuck, they were supervisors.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like having a Qualcomm. No phone calls asking where are you at, no leaving the phone location on and running your battery down all the time. I don't mine paying for it.
One of the problems with QC - dispatcher sends load, does not call.
If you are not in vehicle, you get a surprise call, asking why aren't you rolling.

Sent from my i-sung.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

As long as he stays on the good side of a few dispatchers, he will do ok, the one that worked the hardest for me was James, but turn down one particular dispatcher and she will park you in a heartbeat.

Sent from lost in space.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as he stays on the good side of a few dispatchers, he will do ok, the one that worked the hardest for me was James, but turn down one particular dispatcher and she will park you in a heartbeat.

Sent from lost in space.
I am quoting Eric ... the New Owners cleaned house of Former employees .... Dispatchers =?

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sent from lost in space.

James has been excellent for me as far as communications and trying to find loads is concerned ... I would appreciate a pm with the other individuals name :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ntimevan

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had one that was booked last night for pickup this morning from Atlanta to Oklahoma City...night shift employee incorrectly shipped it out on another carrier to a local warehouse...couldnt get approval to go get it 14 miles away, was dry run after 2+ hours.

Hopefully get something better. (Cue Murray and "Booked"...hint hint)

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.