It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
3b3c6191af89330f6481c2b1f441383d.png

Well tomorrow I will be cutting the cable cord. Would be today, but that department is closed

I played around with two antennas yesterday in my attic. A cheap small one, and a full size expensive one. At least in this case, you don't always get what you pay for. The expensive one was an epic fail, and the cheap generic one was stellar.

It really shouldn't work as good as it does pulling in 24 HD channels. It's cheaply made, lot of plastic. Supposedly made for outside, I just don't see it holding up very long outside. It does have a motor for rotation which is a nice perk. At $40, I have to agree with other reviews, this thing does a pretty nice job. How long it last, yet to be seen. But pretty happy with the results so far

59f48ccc9319af6fd4c9a95325434e86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Accidentally hit the quote button. LOL

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Well tomorrow I will be cutting the cable cord. Would be today, but that department is closed

I played around with two antennas yesterday in my attic. A cheap small one, and a full size expensive one. At least in this case, you don't always get what you pay for. The expensive one was an epic fail, and the cheap generic one was stellar.

It really shouldn't work as good as it does pulling in 24 HD channels. It's cheaply made, lot of plastic. Supposedly made for outside, I just don't see it holding up very long outside. It does have a motor for rotation which is a nice perk. At $40, I have to agree with other reviews, this thing does a pretty nice job. How long it last, yet to be seen. But pretty happy with the results so far

Accidentally hit the quote button. LOL
Oops.......

Reactions: DollarSign

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

We are looking at cutting the Direct TV connection after 20 + years ... i have a Radio Shack flat round outdoor antenna thats picking up channels from Rochester ,Mn....Waterloo , Ia... Cedar Rapids/Iowa City and Des Moines ... all within 100 miles of house .... plus once we get a Stronger internet service i will be installing an Android box (jailbroke) with all the movies and Streamed shows that we now watch on D tv ... but free .... this is not an Amazon firestick .. which can be blocked by Amazon ... i currently have the Android box with me ... streaming at Lowes , etc... where ever i can get a great signal ... watching live sports , new movies , all free ... i don't have all the bells and whistles figured out yet because of my day job ... but loving it so far.... and free....

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are looking at cutting the Direct TV connection after 20 + years ... i have a Radio Shack flat round outdoor antenna thats picking up channels from Rochester ,Mn....Waterloo , Ia... Cedar Rapids/Iowa City and Des Moines ... all within 100 miles of house .... plus once we get a Stronger internet service i will be installing an Android box (jailbroke) with all the movies and Streamed shows that we now watch on D tv ... but free .... this is not an Amazon firestick .. which can be blocked by Amazon ... i currently have the Android box with me ... streaming at Lowes , etc... where ever i can get a great signal ... watching live sports , new movies , all free ... i don't have all the bells and whistles figured out yet because of my day job ... but loving it so far.... and free....

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Since you mentioned it, I did get a Fire Stick so I can watch my Amazon prime stuff on the TV, pretty neat

Forgot to do a rescan after I moved my equipment around. 31 channels now, which is more then enough programing for me

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I guess I'll keep my Directv. Parents get to watch it at there house and I've got a box in the van. It's nice when I don't have a load. I pay $110 to $120 a month. I'm also thinking that the price might come down once this online streaming service gets going. Have to wait and see.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Oh crap!

Sent from lost in space.[/QUOTE]
Been quiet a few days... started with PTL out of Toledo .. fastmans old outfit and the current project for the old express 1 CEO.. 2 loads already this week miles are meh but already higher then my avg week ! We shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh crap!

Sent from lost in space.
Too funny

Status
Not open for further replies.