It's August & Time To Get Rollin

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scroll up/back

Waiting to load for a shorty, then pre-booked on a monster

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Yeah, but what fixed it. Sounds like changing parts hope for a hit. Was it the switch, fuse box, injectors? Or one of the two connections on the air filter box?

Yep, I know someone who was having the same thing happening and it was a bad wire on a sensor of the air box. Can't remember which one, but after repair never happened again.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, but what fixed it. Sounds like changing parts hope for a hit. Was it the switch, fuse box, injectors? Or one of the two connections on the air filter box?

Yep, I know someone who was having the same thing happening and it was a bad wire on a sensor of the air box. Can't remember which one, but after repair never happened again.

Don't know for sure. Didn't do the injectors.
But what ever it was, the van is running/functioning better then it ever has. Also, took care of some miscellaneous issues in the process. So far so good.

Keeping fingers crossed

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning. Another day....another airplane. Heading to meet our team at GATS. If anyone is in the Dallas area stop on in!

b7ce6584f385ac6deaed60572ed55591.jpg

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Home until after Labor Day.
Will be running solo when I come back out. Co driver buying his own truck next week. Leasing on with Load One.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

Congrats to both of you. Rick for getting his own truck and to you for mentoring him to help get there!

Speaking of hazard pay....Well flight delays last night enroute to Dallas forced an overnight layover in Atlanta. Rebooked on the first flight out this morning! (Which is currently on its second flight delay already). Ugggghhhh.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
At delivery in Laredo. Wondering what will happen first. Get unloaded or hit by the hurricane. Really wish I would of known about this before I took the load. Should of got hazard pay on this one

51781930648859933f5cf4574d06e709.jpg

Michael and Nick are already reviewing and looking to reposition trucks this morning. It is a bad one but slow moving so hoping you don't even see the rain.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At delivery in Laredo. Wondering what will happen first. Get unloaded or hit by the hurricane. Really wish I would of known about this before I took the load. Should of got hazard pay on this one

51781930648859933f5cf4574d06e709.jpg

Last I saw...Laredo might get 3/4 of an inch of rain. Wonder if Laredo folks would drive in that the same way someone in Dallas would drive in snow?

Now if you gotta take 59 across to Houston to get a load out of TX...flotation?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day....another airplane. Heading from Texas back to Detroit

Real good week on the fleet. Last few weeks have seen very solid numbers on the averages. Drivers and ops are doing a great job and sales is really having some strong wins!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sooo, I'm at the Flying J in Haven, IN off 469 south of Ft Wayne. I'm in the shower and just get my head full of shampoo lather and the fire alarm goes off. I wait a little bit to see if it's a false alarm, then KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! "WE NEED TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!!!"

I quickly rinse my hair and start to dry off.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! "YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW!"

"Do you want me to leave RIGHT NOW? Or should I put pants on first?"

"Put pants on. We're not even positive there is a fire."

So here I stand, out in front of the J, pants on, shirt on, shoes on, wet hair. They think there is a fire in the roof.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sooo, I'm at the Flying J in Haven, IN off 469 south of Ft Wayne. I'm in the shower and just get my head full of shampoo lather and the fire alarm goes off. I wait a little bit to see if it's a false alarm, then KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! "WE NEED TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING!!!"

I quickly rinse my hair and start to dry off.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! "YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW!"

"Do you want me to leave RIGHT NOW? Or should I put pants on first?"

"Put pants on. We're not even positive there is a fire."

So here I stand, out in front of the J, pants on, shirt on, shoes on, wet hair. They think there is a fire in the roof.

Yikes, having flashbacks of that other J fire

Reactions: DollarSign