It’s Fibuary !!!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a load 28 miles north of Calgary in Crossfield 1830 miles to Rouyn Noranda Quebec to a mine. Will prob do some miles to go home or to Toronto or Ottawa from there I bet but all in all 5400$ cdn round trip in 1 week that's my take

That's it!? I was curious about the rate when you posted the original load going out west. I'm very familiar with those roads in SK & AB, never driven that stretch through MB or ON. Those are some hard ass miles! With fuel prices up there ..... nope, not me ... not for that amount.

Be safe!!

5400$ for 3850 miles that's all mine that's 1.41 a mile Canadian. I got 1.60 on the outbound to Calgary like 1.10 back bid to win it's not reliable out there sometimes u go back to Winnipeg or minny on the extra outbound $ . Btw that's about 1.10 on all miles Us I dont think anyone would complain

Yeah I got the math correct, thanks. We all know everyone drives for different rates ... but sorry I would complain. No correction, the offer for my services would be higher. I want at least that rate going to the west coast of the US. No way I'm going to Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon or anywhere up there for that amount. The fuel costs more and those roads are much more challenging .. can be pretty dangerous. Invariably my windshield will get a crack whenever I'm up there.

If that works for you great .... but not for me.

Reactions: guido4475

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lowball rates have hit Jersey

I’ve heard that one before.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
U'll love this one Grizzly

Just got my first pay stub since coming back. Rates are down about 10%

1.09 and 1.27 a mile US$, last 2....maybe I gotta find my own freight :D

(No when I ask, they plead ignorance and say the job hasn't been rated yet :rolleyes:)

Fortunately in Canada I don't need an mc# (for Canada freight) wonder how much brokers are charging here. We also don't have that weird law about being leased to a carrier having to be loyal to that carrier...i pay my own insurance...

guido4475

Not a Member
U'll love this one Grizzly

Just got my first pay stub since coming back. Rates are down about 10%

1.09 and 1.27 a mile US$, last 2....maybe I gotta find my own freight :D

(No when I ask, they plead ignorance and say the job hasn't been rated yet :rolleyes:)

Fortunately in Canada I don't need an mc# (for Canada freight) wonder how much brokers are charging here. We also don't have that weird law about being leased to a carrier having to be loyal to that carrier...i pay my own insurance...

Absolutely nothing wrong being faithful and putting trust in 1 carrier that has their drivers backs. I wouldn't have it any other way.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well they have my back, as long as it doesn't cost them anything :p

Here in Canada I can do both. It won't interfere with the 1 or 2 calls a week lol

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday Chicago to Atlanta, Wednesday loaded for Detroit. Thursday offered a run to San Francisco, dang why not! Drops Monday, day tripping!

Have you checked the weather forecast? Donner Pass looks really rough. Chains are currently required on all vehicles that aren't 4 wheel drive. By the time you get there, the road may be closed.

Current Conditions

On the bright side, that Flying J in Fernley, NV is always a good place to stop. I've always liked the decor on the inside of that place ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthernBill

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Monday Chicago to Atlanta, Wednesday loaded for Detroit. Thursday offered a run to San Francisco, dang why not! Drops Monday, day tripping!

Have you checked the weather forecast? Donner Pass looks really rough . Chains are currently required on all vehicles that aren't 4 wheel drive. By the time you get there, the road may be closed.

Current Conditions

On the bright side, that Flying J in Fernley, NV is always a good place to stop. I've always liked the decor on the inside of that place ;)

The snows banks along that stretch built up by the plows never fails to impress. One year they towered over my van.

Reactions: NorthernBill

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a load 28 miles north of Calgary in Crossfield 1830 miles to Rouyn Noranda Quebec to a mine. Will prob do some miles to go home or to Toronto or Ottawa from there I bet but all in all 5400$ cdn round trip in 1 week that's my take

That's it!? I was curious about the rate when you posted the original load going out west. I'm very familiar with those roads in SK & AB, never driven that stretch through MB or ON. Those are some hard ass miles! With fuel prices up there ..... nope, not me ... not for that amount.

Be safe!!

5400$ for 3850 miles that's all mine that's 1.41 a mile Canadian. I got 1.60 on the outbound to Calgary like 1.10 back bid to win it's not reliable out there sometimes u go back to Winnipeg or minny on the extra outbound $ . Btw that's about 1.10 on all miles Us I dont think anyone would complain

Yeah I got the math correct, thanks. We all know everyone drives for different rates ... but sorry I would complain. No correction, the offer for my services would be higher. I want at least that rate going to the west coast of the US. No way I'm going to Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon or anywhere up there for that amount. The fuel costs more and those roads are much more challenging .. can be pretty dangerous. Invariably my windshield will get a crack whenever I'm up there.

If that works for you great .... but not for me.

Some other companies I've worked for quote even higher but they also keep more for themselves and they dpnt get loads out there.
I've been lucky loaded within 24hrs some dont wait at all I'll wait 3 days since don't like moving 700 miles at a time I've heard ox guys moving to Chicago to get a load and them they make per mile rate like going run of the mill place like Ohio or Nashville I work harder and longer and rate haz been sufficient because has been backhauls
In the end I'm an o o with my standard