It’s Fibuary !!!

guido4475

Not a Member
Interesting week for me. Went to Michigan and Canada during the polar vortex, or whatever they call it. I heard my poor truck make noises that I didn't hear before. Thursday morning I started it in -13 degrees. It barely started, but it did. I was impressed. I don't believe this truck has ever been in this cold.
I wonder how in the world do those road call people work on those trucks stranded on the side of the road in those temperatures? Any exposed skin for a few minutes in -13 and 30 mph winds can be very dangerous.

After spending a couple of days in negative temperatures, today when it went above 10 it felt like a heatwave.

Now back home for a few days where the temp is almost 50. Talk about temp swings. Glad it is over.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I couldn't help but think of the homeless people and animals out there with nowhere to go. I couldnt even imagine being out there like that. It made me more thankful for the comforts of my van. Here's a link to the Subzero mission that I'm part of back home. One night out on the bus will humble anyone.

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My new hobby is watching the temp go above 0, yes that’s my life’s work now.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
frozen-thermometer-13642969.jpg

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dispatched to pick up load Acheson (Edmonton) to Decatur IL 1805 mile.. get there turns out whoever dropped off freight at terminal didnt advise HFPU freight is on way to Regina SK which was on my route anyways and I'll be there before the freight which left. Get all the same rate plus probably more and someone is gonna get the extra bill lol . deliver Monday am
Tough week up in cold ass prairies.. sensors freezing throwing codes limp modes etc. Let's hope this load goes smooth once I get it on board!

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone on the Internet is sharing how much money they make in shipping and receiving...

EVERYONE ATTACK!!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wi-Fi wasn't working for a while where I was in Houston Texas, so I dusted off my HDTV antenna. I thought my TV channel scanner was messing up, as the amount of channels kept rising o_O

If I can get 40-50 channels, that's pretty good. I think my highest ever was 62 in Lansing Michigan.

It blew past 62 hitting 70-80-90-100 (oh come on now :eek:)

It finally stopped at 115 channels. Dang without a channel guide, a show will be over before I find it :rolleyes:

There was a lot of Spanish speaking shows, although I did find the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie rather humorous in Spanish :D
Even some programs in Japanese, that was a first o_O

So Houston, definitely has the channels for the cord cutters.

Most important part was to find CBS for the Super Bowl, if I do watch it live.
Probably the only time I want to see half time, and don't want the commercials edited out ;)

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone on the Internet is sharing how much money they make in shipping and receiving...

EVERYONE ATTACK!!!

Attack? Call it whatever you like ....
I call it pointing out the obvious ...
She forgot repairs & maintenance. She probably hasn't figured out that's a cost for every single mile driven.

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't watch it myself, I've talked to a few hot shotters and still can't figure out how they make money. At 11 mpg just buy a damn truck instead of a pickup

But the fact remains, the newbies forum is always the same questions. Nobody talks about numbers, and I could never understand why.

Over the phone us Canucks, that's almost ALL we talk about.

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't watch it myself, I've talked to a few hot shotters and still can't figure out how they make money. At 11 mpg just buy a damn truck instead of a pickup

But the fact remains, the newbies forum is always the same questions. Nobody talks about numbers, and I could never understand why.

Over the phone us Canucks, that's almost ALL we talk about.

Their sporting 9.9 MPG :rolleyes: