Is There a Sense Of Pride for You?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Kind of a funny title for a thread on expediting.. I don't know how many of you take the time to read whats going on in the other carriers forums...I often go to them (well the ones that get posts) to see just what is happening in this industry we all are a part of.

I started reading Phils thread on his and Dianes goings on with FDCC and their West coast runs...I have to say, up front i found it funny that after only one long delay, Phil had a problem with sitting more then the norm for them...but as i read, I figured out it was more then that...Phil posted a link to his Blog that he does..and in that blog i seen what was eating at both Phil and Diane, even more then their troubles getting out of CA...here is a small paragraph from Phils blog:

Phil Madsen's Blog, Current Month

The negative changes at our carrier led us to feel sad. We figured out that the sadness was a sense of loss. We used to feel proud to be affiliated with FedEx. We used to enjoy the idea of working together with FedEx Custom Critical for our mutual success. The loss of that pride and satisfaction is what made us sad,

The highlighted part grabbed my attention like nothing has in a while...I re-read that several times..each time i felt that it was saying something to me that I was missing, but couldn't put my finger on it...

Then we had a blowup here in this forum...and its then that it hit me... I am proud to be leased to load 1...there is a sense of pride working with John Elliott, the staff and dispatch at Load 1 and the personal relationships I have with more then a few drivers here...I would hate and feel sad just as Phil does to lose that sense of pride..

We all are contracted to the best carrier in this business..yea some will say thats not true and some will say that whatever carrier you are with is the best at that time...well I have been else where as we all have, i can say that my time with my previous carrier was good, but no where near the experience of being here at Load 1.

So, do any of you feel that same pride? I hope so...We represent John and load 1 each time we roll down the road, i mess up from time to time as we all do, I now will work harder to be a better representation of this company and John Elliott. That is my promise..

One other thing, Cheri...we do not often see eye to eye...you once told me that you didn't take this stuff on here personal and i shouldn;t either...well i guess we all short change ourselves in the emotional dept from time to time...I was a part of what hurt your feelings and made you feel unwelcome..for that i am truly sorry, and I ask that you continue to post here as you are welcome here and you are part of this thing we all call a Load 1 family...please accept my apologies...

John. Dispatch and all of the Load 1 staff and family, Thank you for giving me an opportuntiy to be connected to and feel a great sense of pride for the company and all that are connectd to it... Thanks..

Oh, if you haven't checked out the West Coast thread in the FDCC forum and also Phils Blog. you might want to, its real good reading...

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Kind of a funny title for a thread on expediting.. I don't know how many of you take the time to read whats going on in the other carriers forums...I often go to them (well te ones that get posts) to see just what is happening in this indusstry we all are a part of.

I started reading Phils thread on his and Dianes goings on with FDCC and their West coast runs...I have to say, up front i found it funny that after only one long delay, Phil had a problem with sitting more then the norm for them...but has i read, I figured ut it was more then that...Phil posted a link to his Blog that he dies..and in that blog i seen what was eating at both Phip and diane, even more then their troubles getting out of CA...here is a small one line sentence from Phils blog:

The highlighted part grabbed my attention like nothing has in a while...I re-read that line several times..each time i felt that it was saying something to me that I was missing, but couldn't put my finger on it...

Then we had a blowup here in this forum...and its then that it hit me... I am proud to be leased to load 1...there is a sense of pride working with John elliott, the staff and dispatch at Load 1 and the persona relationships I have with ore then a few drivers here...I would hate and feel sad just as Phil does to lose that sense of pride..

We all are contracted to the best carrier in this business..yea spme wll say thats not true and some will say that whatever carrier you are with is the best at that time...well I have been else where as we all have, i can say that my time with my previous carrier was good, but no where near the experience of being here at Load 1.

So, do any of you feel that same pride? I hope so...We represent John and load 1 each time we roll down the road, i mess up from time to time as we all do, I now will work jarder to be a better representation of this company and John Elliott. That is my promise..

One ither thing, Cheri...we do not often see eye to eye...you once told me that you didn't take this stuff on here sersonal and i shouldn;t eother...well i guess we all short change ourselves in the emotional dept from time to time...I was a part of wat hurt your feelings and made you feel unwelcome..for that i am truly sorry, and I ask that you continue to post here as you are welcome here and you are part of this thing we all call a Load 1 family...please accept my apologies...

John. Dispatch and all of the Load 1 staff and family, Thank you for giving me an opportuntiy to be connected to and feel a great sense of pride for te company and all that are connectd to it... Thanks..

Oh, if you haven't checked out the West Coast thread in the FDCC forum and also Phils Blog. you might want to, its real good reading...

Well said Dennis.

I've been called the head cheerleader for Load 1 more than once and no John, I'm not doing anything with pom poms so put that notion out of your head. I enjoy telling people that ask about Load 1 how things are done and how John runs his company. If they question it, I just tell them to read the Load 1 forum and judge for themselves. Drivers that will help one another at the drop of a hat, a CEO and department heads that will post, etc. I challenge them to find this anywhere else.

Pride? Absolutely without question. When I went up to Taylor on the 27th., I was standing outside talking to a couple of my drivers shortly after I got there. John had made his "lot patrol" run, but I didn't see him. He parked across the lot and waited until I did see him. Then he took several minutes asking how I was and other things in general. As busy as he is, he stands there talking to me. I'm proud to know a man of his caliber.

When I walked inside the Safety office, both Dora and Angie gave me big hugs and asked how I was doing. It was the same over at the main office. Department heads walking up to me and asking how I was doing. Caryn, Pam, Mike Jr., and Christy in dispatch with their big smiles asking if I was driving yet. Mike Sr. walking up saying how good it was to see me. The list goes on. How could one not be proud to be affiliated with a company that has this feel of family from the CEO on down.

Taylor is one of the things I miss the most. It just feels like home. I don't know a better way to put it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something that says a lot about load 1 is what I hear from drivers for other companies. I will be sitting somewhere like Laredo, other drivers will ask me how I like working for Load 1, I tell them I love it and have to say it is the best company I have worked for. Their response is they hear the same thing from every L1 driver they have talked to.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
We have never regretted our move to Load 1 - they are, without doubt, the absolute best.

As in any family there is a bit of head banging, elbow digging - but it never lasts long :p

We all know what we have and what we had - and we wouldn't do anything to jeapardise that.

:)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've only been here 2 months but I love it. The whole operation just plain works. We also are enjoying the Taylor area. This past weekend while waiting to pick up a Sunday load my wife and daughter drove down to spend the night. We got a great room near the airport, enjoyed dinner at Merriman St. Grill, and the next morning drove around looking at homes for sale. I could see living here one day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've only been here 2 months but I love it. The whole operation just plain works. We also are enjoying the Taylor area. This past weekend while waiting to pick up a Sunday load my wife and daughter drove down to spend the night. We got a great room near the airport, enjoyed dinner at Merriman St. Grill, and the next morning drove around looking at homes for sale. I could see living here one day.
and leave all that FREE health care? ;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you could do as the "snowbirds" do....you are allowed to visit for 6 months at a time....and maintain your Ont resident and keep the HC....best of both worlds...

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Kind of a funny title for a thread on expediting.. I don't know how many of you take the time to read whats going on in the other carriers forums...I often go to them (well te ones that get posts) to see just what is happening in this indusstry we all are a part of.

I started reading Phils thread on his and Dianes goings on with FDCC and their West coast runs...I have to say, up front i found it funny that after only one long delay, Phil had a problem with sitting more then the norm for them...but has i read, I figured ut it was more then that...Phil posted a link to his Blog that he dies..and in that blog i seen what was eating at both Phip and diane, even more then their troubles getting out of CA...here is a small one line sentence from Phils blog:

The highlighted part grabbed my attention like nothing has in a while...I re-read that line several times..each time i felt that it was saying something to me that I was missing, but couldn't put my finger on it...

Then we had a blowup here in this forum...and its then that it hit me... I am proud to be leased to load 1...there is a sense of pride working with John elliott, the staff and dispatch at Load 1 and the persona relationships I have with ore then a few drivers here...I would hate and feel sad just as Phil does to lose that sense of pride..

We all are contracted to the best carrier in this business..yea spme wll say thats not true and some will say that whatever carrier you are with is the best at that time...well I have been else where as we all have, i can say that my time with my previous carrier was good, but no where near the experience of being here at Load 1.

So, do any of you feel that same pride? I hope so...We represent John and load 1 each time we roll down the road, i mess up from time to time as we all do, I now will work jarder to be a better representation of this company and John Elliott. That is my promise..

One ither thing, Cheri...we do not often see eye to eye...you once told me that you didn't take this stuff on here sersonal and i shouldn;t eother...well i guess we all short change ourselves in the emotional dept from time to time...I was a part of wat hurt your feelings and made you feel unwelcome..for that i am truly sorry, and I ask that you continue to post here as you are welcome here and you are part of this thing we all call a Load 1 family...please accept my apologies...

John. Dispatch and all of the Load 1 staff and family, Thank you for giving me an opportuntiy to be connected to and feel a great sense of pride for te company and all that are connectd to it... Thanks..

Being leased on with Load 1 is alot like it was back in the 1980's when I first started driving truck for a small company. Most drivers were willing to go out of there way to help one another. Same company or not. Most drivers enjoyed what they were doing, just like Load 1. And most of all , when Load 1 drivers get together they are not standing around bellyaching and making themselves and those around them miserable. When I first leased on with Load 1 I remember thinking that everyone seemed happy. Dispatch, office workers and drivers alike. This was very strange for me. Because is sure wasn't like that at my previous company. John has done a very good job to create a good working atmosphere here and I hope it keeps that small company feel even at it grows. When people ask me what Load 1 is like and I tell them. They some times give me a disbelieving look because they are so used to hearing bad things about companies. And just like xiggi, drivers say they hear the same from most everyone about Load 1.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I admit I was pretty ambivalent about switching carriers, but I feel as if I've moved from a Motel 6 to the Sheraton: nice upgrade. :)
I will do my best to make Load 1 as pleased with me as I am with them, [especially Dora, lol]
Hey, she only found 3 fuel 'goofs' in a week of logs - I think that's encouraging, eh? :D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I admit I was pretty ambivalent about switching carriers, but I feel as if I've moved from a Motel 6 to the Sheraton: nice upgrade. :)
I will do my best to make Load 1 as pleased with me as I am with them, [especially Dora, lol]
Hey, she only found 3 fuel 'goofs' in a week of logs - I think that's encouraging, eh? :D

Did she hug you? :confused:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
All 3 of the ladies in the back building (Dora, Angie, and Laura) are a great to work with...thats not to say those up in the front aren't I just don't know all their names...:D..And I haven't been hugged either....not even after "cheesecake".....:(

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Did she hug you?

All 3 of the ladies in the back building (Dora, Angie, and Laura) are a great to work with...thats not to say those up in the front aren't I just don't know all their names...And I haven't been hugged either....not even after "cheesecake".....:(

Did she hug you? :confused:

No, and I think it would have scared me if she had, ya know?
Cause I am not used to hugging my coworkers. [Except for TJ - he's just irresistable, lol];)

I believe that it was due to my magnificent good looks and irresistible charm.:D

If you don't buy that, and I can't imagine why you wouldn't, I would say that they were glad to see that I could walk again. I was holding myself up with a golf umbrella and I don't even play golf. We had been emailing back and forth during the time I was waiting for surgery and after.

TJ saw my Igor impersonation when he stopped by here in February. I haven't seen him since and I would not respond well if he tries to hug me the next time I see him.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
All 3 of the ladies in the back building (Dora, Angie, and Laura) are a great to work with...thats not to say those up in the front aren't I just don't know all their names...:D..And I haven't been hugged either....not even after "cheesecake".....:(

errrrrrrrrrrr?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Com'on now!! I gave YOU the recipe!! Thats something I rarely do ..but the chances of me having it is SD are pretty slim....:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Yep, pretty darn good place to be. Everyone is great to talk with. Can't wait to get back on the road.
Cmon Steve, break out the pom poms! Lol

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yep, pretty darn good place to be. Everyone is great to talk with. Can't wait to get back on the road.
Cmon Steve, break out the pom poms! Lol

Best I can do!!! Figured you'd enjoy it more if a girl was attached to the pom poms.:D:D

Attachments

• cheerleader_clipart_1.gif
    cheerleader_clipart_1.gif
    8 KB · Views: 46