Is PantherFOR ME

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
Why should I choose Panther TO put a D unit on with.Over Federal Ex cc .Please give me an hosest oppinion.I am in a great freight area to get out of and Back to .$5 miles north of Chicago Ohare Airport.
I have talked with a Fed Ex recruiter, but not with a Panther one as of yet.I have spoken to a few Panther drivers who were happy.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I will rewrite this.I am interested in putting on a D unit early next year maybe in march I have talked with Fed Ex cc recruiters but not with Panther.I tend to see more Panther trucks around my Area 45 miles north of ohare near ill/wi boarder.(Rusell Rd TA )
I would like honest feedback from Panther drivers or fleet owners of Sraight trucks.I would run it with a Co driver if possible. So holler at me.

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
Panther is the largest expedite co. so you probly will see more Panther trucks around. Chicago is a very good board for Panther, the last time I was up there I think they were geting more loads out then trucks avalble. My wife and I have been with Panther for 3 years now and the generaly keep us busy. It has been my expereience that if you keep youre numbers up you will runn if they drop you may not be as busy.

As far as comparing them to Fed Ex I can't help you much because I never ran for them. It would suprise me if you had trouble getting out of Chicago with ether carrier.

Hope this helps some

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Chicago is a huge area for us also so I am sure out of that area as scottanhelen say anyone will do well. Talk to recruiters at both companies and talk to as many drivers as you can that like and dislike the companies. You will then be able to make a pretty good opinion of which company will fit you the best. One company does not fit all.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther is a good company, with warts. Fedex is a good company, with warts. Company X, Y or Z are good companies, with warts. They all have them. You just have to find the one whose warts are least objectionable to you. Being where you are either of those would be good choices. Good luck.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
This may seem strange, But I have trouble finding either companies trucks laying over at the russel rd. TA I may looking at the wrong times.I also checked the highway 20 petro in racine county Wi. with no luck. I did talk to a couple from Panther last weekThey were laying over in a Best Buy lot in Kenosha next to interstate,Nice people from Ark.If you guys have any pointers let me know.As far as recruiters They tell you a lot of good but may not share the things that effect your business.Keep your ideas and oppinions coming ,You learn something new everyday. Thanks

scottanhelen

Seasoned Expediter
As far as recruiters They tell you a lot of good but may not share the things that effect your business.Keep your ideas and oppinions coming ,You learn something new everyday. Thanks[/QUOTE]

This is very true but keep in mind that some drivers will tell you they are doing well and are happy where they are at because they do not want to admit they are not. I also run into drivers all the time that complain about there company and they are refusing loads. This can also be said about owners they may say you will make alot of money with them.

The best I can sugest is to talk to lot of different people ask alot of questions, look through old posts here, sort through the ones with alot of negative posts. This should give you a good idea of what to expect from diffrent companys.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"Panther is the largest Expediting Co." I don't believe that is true. I think they are the Largest Privately held Expediting Co. I doubt they are bigger then FedEx.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The fleet numbers for Panther and Custom Critical are going to be pretty close. If Panther is the biggest it won't be by a huge margin. I'm just wondering why these are the only 2 companies on his mind when there are so many to choose from.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
When I went through Panther Orientation in August of 2007 Panther said we are the Largest PRIVATELY owned Expediting Co. Fed Ex is not privately owned.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would additionally review many of the posts over the last year with both. That gives you a better foundation in which to ask questions. The more drivers you talk to and the more you read the better informed you will be. You may want to also attend a workshop where you can talk to reps from many companies.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Sraight trucks.I would run it with a Co driver if possible. So holler at me.

FECC will not lease your truck unless it is a team truck !!!
we are team 6 month out of the year , still not good enough for the Feds...:(
from reading EO , its seams like the Feds are not as good as the Cat for running a solo truck anyway .
you might ask FeCc teams , how well they are doing on those weeks when one of the team is away from the truck...

when we Del. in kanosha we parked at the back of a hotel ,
And in Pleasant Prairie , we Parked at the Service Area .

Welcome.

Moose.

Moose.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That isn't the case. I run solo with Fedex and they know it. They asked me about teaming and I said as soon as either "the boss" or my best friend since sixth grade or Christie Brinkley decide to expedite I'll be teaming but until then I'm solo.

moose

Veteran Expediter
i have spoken with 4 different recruiters @ 4 different ocations
the first one on the truck show floor in louisville ,
the 2nd time after i have bought the truck
the 3rd time wehen i was out the Big Cat door
the 4th time when my CD was in the truck running team.
they can't care less.
they will only lease me on for running a team truck.
i dont like running for the Fed , but i will do so just to get an access to the Fedex forum on EO...

Moose.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
Wow I think Chrissy, would be a pleasure.
DAVE KC I find you to be very knowlegble about the industry as a whole.Also I know your with Panther.I would respect any and all comments I receive from you.
It is like Phil with Fed Ex cc Very knowlegble Great writer . There are many people in this forum I can learn information from.
Please Feel free to Email me at [email protected] if you dont want to post your comments here.
Thank you