is it slowing down

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Actually, we pray for each other that God will bless our desire to work.

My friend did get a load out of Buffalo headed back to Michigan.

I don't have any preconceived expectations as to what I shall receive.

Whatever He has for me, or where He needs me to go, I accept that with thanks. As the Son said unto the Father, "...nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Considering the route, which would have taken me down I-24 (Very steep upgrades and downgrades), the added fuel consumption, wear on the brakes and additional stress factors by being at max capacity, the cost per the return was not equitable.

Had I been in West Central Ohio and the same load was going West over the flatlands, I may have consider such. The integrity and longevity of the van is worth more than one single load offer.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
David,
For some their point of view; Prays are like Luck, it does not do a thing in reality.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Yep!

The farther down the road on my Christian walk that I got, the less and less I found myself saying, "Just my luck."

I came to the realization, that if I truly believed in God, nothing could happen by accident.

Psa 139:2-4

Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

jrj337

Seasoned Expediter
I D/H to Memphis,Tn got a load to Clyde Oh for sunday del.thank goodness.I dont think ill go back to Dallas for a while

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>David,
>For some their point of view; Prays are like Luck, it does
>not do a thing in reality.

That may be true for some, Greg. I hope you are not talking about me. While you and I have been going back and forth about luck in another thread (in a friendly fashion), and while I have shared my views about luck, I have never shared my views about prayer and faith here in the Open Forum.

Just want to make sure people don't conclude from your comment, and from the fact that you and I have been debating the concept of luck, that I regard luck and faith the same. I do not. (And I'm not going to explain the difference here.)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
>OK, so who is still sitting at the J in Dallas??

OMG.,,, the J in dallas??? i stay farr away from that area...... its just way to scarey there......
there r a few other betters spots to hang in.....
##### the TA across the street..charging to park trucks there. with a fence around the whole place. and the rif raf still get in......
i hang at the TA on I30 in rock wall...when i go to dallas. ;-)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
>>OK, so who is still sitting at the J in Dallas??
>
>
>OMG.,,, the J in dallas??? i stay farr away from that
>area...... its just way to scarey there......
>there r a few other betters spots to hang in.....
>##### the TA across the street..charging to park trucks
>there. with a fence around the whole place. and the rif raf
>still get in......
>i hang at the TA on I30 in rock wall...when i go to dallas.
=================================================
I would agree. I wouldn't give that dump ten minutes of time. It is full of pimps, idiots, and crack :censoredsign:s.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Oooo phil, I was in a way talking about you, just a very very small percentage was about you (000000000000000000000000000000000001%) but it was about people in general; “For prayers of that nature, would it not be wiser to to pray for a winning lottery ticket? If you can gin up one of those, please add me to your list! Sadly, thousands of people pray every day to win the lottery and there are only so many winning tickets to go around.â€

In so much as I would like to make the post directed towards you, I honestly can’t because I can’t and you should not take that way.

You seem to miss that I was talking about ‘luck of the draw’ based on the lottery comments in your post and what appears to say that actually reinforces my point when I said, for some their point of view; Prayers are like Luck, it does not do a thing in reality.

Reality is losing, fantasy is winning hence Prayer won’t be productive because as you say, “there are so many tickets to go around.†and that is reality. Make sense?

Now no where did I bring up the point of religion because I don’t see the point where I should have or really care to.

I am wondering, when you say this “I hope you are not talking about me†what was that about?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Umm... back to the subject. ;)

Couldn't believe I was predispatched out of Dallas. A lot of good that did... 400 miles to Jackson, MS. Delivered Wed morn, and here I sit in Memphis still. Was offered one going to Laredo, but I wasn't ready to roll the dice again so soon. Now I'm regretting it... but tis hindsight.

-True independence can only be gained if you're trully independant.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah shoulda took it.....I'd prefer Laredo over Dallas anytime! We are 4-0 outta Laredo but then again we are 1-0 outta Dallas since starting with E-1.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well, I got a load on Thursday from Morristown, Tn to Waco, TX. and I DH from Waco to Florida. Had a great week tho. Got out towards Phily and the load offers were great. only turned one load down a 75 miler p/u in phily dh 53 mi to shipper to deliver somewhere in NJ. but I had just over 3000 miles last week so I took 2 days off. panther had a bunch of vans sitting in dallas and houston so i just jumped on I 10 and prob going back in service tomorrow morning. It sure beats sitting in 93F in the sun out in Dallas. Probably just sit here in Fl since it isn't too hard to get out. Not in no hurry.

ShawnF
Panther

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
OVM... Laredo is a place to stay away from since the Mex trucks were allowed in. We can't buy a load out of there.

Fall... I fail to see your logic; but whatever works for you. :)

-True independence can only be gained if you're trully independant.

G

Slow down for Panther ..they got more trucks than freight..everywhere you go they have more trucks than loads..I run for Panther and from my point of view TriState and Express 1 are the new companies to look for. This just beginning we'll see worst than that...every company is trying to save money they don't care about drivers but Panther they are to greedy