Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Look elsewhere for that kind of money

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

manman

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi,
Given this business is an unknown too many. Is it really worth it to someone willing to work hard and expect to make a profit of 150k+ a year?
Granted everybody is different but is there anyone out there pulling in that kind of moolah for the hours, the miles, and the work? If so how without giving out your secret, does one get there?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you talking gross or net? Gross yes, maybe, no in your 3 options. Net not at all likely, no, never in a million years.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
To profit that kind of money you will need to buy a few straight trucks and put teams in them.

manman

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
The goal would be gross but is anyone grossing that in a van or is 1 thosand miles a week the limit? I think a TT could.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... expect to make a profit of 150k+ a year?
The goal would be gross
I'm so confused. But let's say the 150k is gross. Rule of Thirds says you'll only pocket a third of that. And you won't gross 150k in a van, regardless. If you're really good and really experienced and know where to sit and are with a really good carrier and all the planets are aligned just so, you might be able to gross 100k. And pocket a third of that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is expediting feasible?

Of course it is feasible. Your thread title should read Is Expediting Profitable? The answer to that question is also yes. But not profitable enough to meet your expectations.

The goal would be gross but is anyone grossing that in a van or is 1 thosand miles a week the limit? I think a TT could.

You could gross $150K or even net that amount in a van but you would need to work a side business from your van. Have you taken any advanced chemistry classes beyond basic high school chemistry?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
7 years ago I would see zillions of vans at the truckstops,,but since I have been out of the business for about that long now,,I do not see vans much anymore, but then again Im not out at 3am either.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is expediting feasible?

Of course it is feasible. Your thread title should read Is Expediting Profitable? The answer to that question is also yes. But not profitable enough to meet your expectations.

You could gross $150K or even net that amount in a van but you would need to work a side business from your van. Have you taken any advanced chemistry classes beyond basic high school chemistry?

Heisenmoot.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I think 150 yr gross in a tractor is very possible but I would pull flatbed or curtain side but as mentioned the rule of thirds still apply.