Iowa issues gun permits to the blind

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Everyone should be able to exercise their rights regardless of a disability. I guess "duck" goes without saying.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wonder who's more dangerous, a blind person with loads of training and extremely heightened other senses and plenty of common sense or a Schumer/Reid/Feinstein/Pelosi/Obama/Biden anti-gun moron who barely knows which end (of their underwear) is up?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Good ol Yahoo, lol. So when was the last time anyone heard or read of anyone being shot by a blind person with a legal permit?
There are as many degrees of blindness as of stupidity, as one commenter noted. Having difficulty reading the application does not equate to difficulty seeing across the room, in many cases.
Still, I'd feel better if states tested applicants for knowledge of safe handling of weapons, anyhow, which Iowa doesn't.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Wonder who's more dangerous, a blind person with loads of training and extremely heightened other senses and plenty of common sense or a Schumer/Reid/Feinstein/Pelosi/Obama/Biden anti-gun moron who barely knows which end (of their underwear) is up?

I vote the latter.

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Still, I'd feel better if states tested applicants for knowledge of safe handling of weapons, anyhow, which Iowa doesn't.

Must be where Dick Cheney got his training then?

Having grown up in Iowa.....rural people need no gun training.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Must be where Dick Cheney got his training then?

Having grown up in Iowa.....rural people need no gun training.

Never said nothing about training. And I bet there are some 'rural people' who know nothing about weapons, same as some 'urban people' who know a great deal.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Never said nothing about training.

Guess I just assumed testing for safe handling meant one had been properly trained in use. Would remain my contention.

And I bet there are some 'rural people' who know nothing about weapons, same as some 'urban people' who know a great deal.

Perhaps? More inclined to think the urban's weapon of choice is a smart phone and rip off data plan. Rural is still pretty good shootin, along with a smart phone and data plan. :)

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
There seems to be some disagreement on whether or not a blind person should be able to use a firearm.
Let me settle this by consulting with one of my favorite TV characters from the 70s.

Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Good enough for me! Give him his gun, sword, spear, bow and arrow, nunchucks, whatever. ;)

cubansammich

Not a Member
There seems to be some disagreement on whether or not a blind person should be able to use a firearm.
Let me settle this by consulting with one of my favorite TV characters from the 70s.

Good enough for me! Give him his gun, sword, spear, bow and arrow, nunchucks, whatever. ;)
shall not be infringed. That is it and it should be adhered. Children, mental defectives, incarcerated prisoners, gang members, felons it does not matter. There is a piece of paper that has rights of every American NO MATTER WHAT! Shall not be infringed. If you are an America you have a right to carry a weapon wherever and whenever you choose. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means just that!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
shall not be infringed. That is it and it should be adhered. Children, mental defectives, incarcerated prisoners, gang members, felons it does not matter. There is a piece of paper that has rights of every American NO MATTER WHAT! Shall not be infringed. If you are an America you have a right to carry a weapon wherever and whenever you choose. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means just that!

That's how to lose an argument fast.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.