International COE with landstar?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I have a friend that back in 1987 built a D truck useing a COE White with a 22 ft box.He was the first that I know of that went to a class 8 for a D unit.It was single axle.no tag axle.
He sold it,went local deliver for ground,now is retired and living in Texas,counting all his money

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
this is available in effingham at the pete dealer. looks like a fixer upper.

021-1.jpg

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
HEY ITS ME!

I am the guy that recently added a FREIGHTLINER COE with Landstar. Results as far as freight not to bad. Getting some specialty freight with the curtainside. Lots of work and able to double load a fair amount of time.

The bad.... The truck engine blows!!! I had a cummins N-14 which was a great motor...this trucks got a cummins M-11 which is total junk. I have had to sink a lot of money into this engine just to keep it running. Word to the wise stay away from this motor.

I think i am ultimately going to scrap the cab and put the box on a different tractor. ah well the perils of buying used.... Anyone got a cheap agrosey or freightliner with a detroit series 60?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
It's great that you are having good luck with freight. It's also to bad you aren't having luck with that motor.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I saw a CO truck that was red and it had a drom box with what
looked like a box van on the back of it. Not sure if it was a full box or 22 ft but it had Landstar on the side of box.

This did not look like an argosy just and older cab over.