Interesting Ford Full Size Transit Ecoboost

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Guido one of the vans sitting in the glass house garage and used for testing has the midsize diesel from Europe which is accepted by the eu for emissions but isn't for the EPA. It would be hard pressed in the work we do.

Ford has a great little diesel that is in the fiesta for the rest of the world but will not invest the money to build a diesel engined fiesta because it won't sell a lot of them. The truth came out last week when someone made the comment that they don't want to jeopardize their alternate fuels program.

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido one of the vans sitting in the glass house garage and used for testing has the midsize diesel from Europe which is accepted by the eu for emissions but isn't for the EPA. It would be hard pressed in the work we do.

Ford has a great little diesel that is in the fiesta for the rest of the world but will not invest the money to build a diesel engined fiesta because it won't sell a lot of them. The truth came out last week when someone made the comment that they don't want to jeopardize their alternate fuels program.

From what I was told, they are sitting outside, facing 94, one of them a dual rear wheel configuration.My source drove right up to them, and looked at them.I didn't have the time to go and see them myself, wish I could of.I wonder if they will be as long as the Sprinter? I know the height will be, but most others fall short on the length, which is crucial, as well as the GVW sometimes being over 10k.Can you speak to you're higher ups at Ford about this?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Really, well that's good to know. Then you will understand that there is a difference between rumor and fact and would been told the same thing I was about it.

Honestly you guys are funny.

Well 1st greg, i never "asked" a question, it was a statement. And you again as normal felt it was necessary to make sure we all knew that "you" knew someone and had access to all of Fords data,and warranty claims and even the data on claims paid by customers themselves..And yea, e i probaly could if i really wanted to show everyone that i knew everything...but i don't because, i have never asked and really dont care..so i have never asked...and to be totally honest, i see the 2 guys that i "know" a few times a yr at "family functions", and we rarely talk about Ford.....

And yes Guido, they are lined up along the fence on 94....last time i was by there,there were maybe 20-30 of them...

Oh and greg, you are beyond funny...just ask around, or even read it here...

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So d*mn me for being willing to share the info I have, not because I want to feel important but because I have the information that isn't speculation or spun propaganda.

If you can prove what I said as wrong, do it - otherwise shut up.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So d*mn me for being willing to share the info I have, not because I want to feel important but because I have the information that isn't speculation or spun propaganda.

Who and the he*# are YOU to tell anybody to shut up.....JEEES..

#teamchef...lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Biting my tongue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I started this thread to share some info. Lets all relax and remember what you read and how you take it is not always the original intent of the person that typed it.

Share the love my brothers.

Robert

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I started this thread to share some info. Lets all relax and remember what you read and how you take it is not always the original intent of the person that typed it.

Robert

Rob, I understand, I didn't make the personal comments to have thread creep but because I and a bunch of others seem to be tired of some of the crap. I offered what I know to help you and others who were curious about it but again they come out of the woodwork so I apologize for my comments and move on.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL...;) A bit defensive huh greg...LOL....And by the way, prove what you said is true....show the data....as i never said it wasn't..

Brisco

Expert Expediter

Biting my tongue.

Robert

Hahaha....It happens on a LOT of boards we're on......Right Rob??:p

This'll pass.......

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Yes indeed Brisco. Taking the face to face out of communication can be brutal. lol...