Interesting Combo

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gota move all that auto factory equipment headed to China somehow.

Actualy I wouldnt doubt it if they are hooked up with the wind turbine transporters most of the stuff needs to be flatbed or stepdeck loaded.

Bob Wolf
Wolf Trucking

Last edited:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a friend who works at a machine shop that makes internal parts for the turbines and from what im told some of the parts dont even have time to cool before loading onto the truck. Good thing he dosent work at a foundery.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always wondered why a 24' curtainside would not work well in expedite....could do both dry freight and some small flatbed work...

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always wondered why a 24' curtainside would not work well in expedite....could do both dry freight and some small flatbed work...

Why not I would think it would get you more work especialy arround New Jersey. Ive seen containers on beds.

I sent you a PM
Bob Wolf

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
Ive got a 35' flat I pull with a one ton pick-up stay busy every day.I do some of the cables thats go in them wind tubines. 600# from pa to ok $2.65 per mile. A slidin tarp system is on my agenda much better than a curtain side

guido4475

Not a Member
I know back in my local expedite days in Cleveland our primary business was expedite flatbed work, both tractor and semi.Pay was exceptionally well.Molds, rolls, ingots,machines.24' tandem straight flatbeds did real well.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
At one point i talked to the guys that do Load 1's sliding trap trailers about building a 10,000 gvw cutaway with a small sleeper, but after talkin to the ''speciality load" guys upstirs, they didn't think a 10 ft platform would serve them well..but id bet they could keep a 16-20 ft ST busy...

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
97fl120.jpg

Been there, done that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2