I'm feeling patriotic!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am glad they didn't show up....they be coming at the taxpayer expense anyhow...who really cares and who'd even notice with all that is going on....the really big shew is for the American people anyhow...

b5194dd0c26eee7021dbb43d2b94f735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well except for a handful of Congress.
View attachment 15218

I don't believe for one moment that that list is accurate, I bet there are some who are on the list that did show up, and I'm sure there are several that didn't show up that are not there. The lack of a single republican on that list shows it fake, you are going to tell me that every republican in congress was there? I think not, there will be some that could not make it due to extenuating circumstances.

With that being said, Hillary was there standing with trump and as much as I dislike her, she gained a little bit of my respect today. Maybe some of her fellow democrats can learn from her.

Well it was a nice thought anyway.....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't believe for one moment that that list is accurate, I bet there are some who are on the list that did show up, and I'm sure there are several that didn't show up that are not there. The lack of a single republican on that list shows it fake, you are going to tell me that every republican in congress was there?
The list isn't a list of people who did not show up, it's a list of people who made it a point to publicly announce they were not going to attend the inauguration, led by Civil Rights Icon and pseudo-off-limits-god Rep. John Lewis (D) who told Chuck Todd on NBC a few days before MLK Day how he didn't consider Trump a legitimate president and therefor would not attend the inauguration for the first time since he's been in office (except he's senile and doesn't remember when he said the same thing about Junior Bush's legitimacy and didn't show up to that inauguration, either). The list has been front page news for a week, with cable news talking heads giving hourly updates to the additions to the list, not unlike keeping score of Electoral College votes on election night. The list is a very accurate tally (depending on when and where Moot snagged it, since it's been growing every day) of the Democrats who have made it a point to let the public know that they're sulking.
With that being said, Hillary was there standing with trump and as much as I dislike her, she gained a little bit of my respect today. Maybe some of her fellow democrats can learn from her.
Oh, I guarantee you, if she wasn't married to a former President, she would not have been there.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coalminer, here is a link to where I got the list: list of congress boycotting trump inauguration - Google Search
Note the lead-in states: Below is the full running list of Congress members who are planning not to attend the inauguration:

As Turtle mentioned, this list has been hot national news for over a week. It started with John Lewis. Then Al Green, Keith Ellison and other black members of Congress joined the civil rights hero. As the week wore on, more and more Democrats joined in the boycott playing the race card as an excuse to avoid the inauguration because their woman wasn't being sworn in.

Here is another list with some very telling comments as to why they plan to boycott Trump's inauguration:
Below is the full running list of Congress members who are planning not to attend the inauguration:

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-20_16-28-40.png
    upload_2017-1-20_16-28-40.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 24

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Didja catch that part in Trump's speech where he said, "We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action constantly complaining but never doing anything about it"?

He did everything but say, "Yeah, I'm talking to you, John Lewis. I don't care what you did 50 years ago, this is a 'what have you done for me lately?' kind of government now. Get up off your laurels and get to work."

Boom.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I would hate to have to go a school where he was the principal when I was in the wrong,,,,so lets twist that,,,how about the Congress or Senate person going to see him for an azzzchewing,,,betcha its gonna happen to someone,,,would like to hear him say,,you're fired,,,lmao.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fortunately, we have the 3 branches of government, so the Congressm the Supreme Court, and the President can give each other an azzzchewing on an equal basis. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Someone who ran a successful presidential campaign, gets interviewed 37 times a day (35 of them hostile), and at the same is raising 4 kids (including a set of twins), and, deals with Donald Trump on a daily basis, I think she looks phenomenal.

Reactions: davekc