If your gona do this

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
This has the political twist that I will carry over here and is kinda a joke.

We hosted several young ladies (foreign exchange students) most from Germany and all very liberal and were determined to prove me wrong all of them. I would listen and listen and comment back on why I am right and back up my proof with facts such as the newest story regarding our VP would you rather go hunting with ##### or for a Car ride with Ted oh over a bridge also? Well at least ##### called for help imm. OK now you understand my facts position...

Anyway on with the humor, Julia asked me if you new your party was really, really wrong in a strong German accent would I still vote for them. I thought for a moment not meaning to be a smart A and answered with this "that is why I never vote Democrate" anyway it was funny at the time, and for all of you hating me yes I have voted for an individual but never for the party...

We had one young lady who actually felt no bad feelings towards the montsters on 9 11 and was furious that we might consider an attack on ALKIDA we are all bad Americans in her view. She really tested my emergency button. No words of wisdom were worth voicing as she was bound and determined that one day she would win the Nobel Peace Prize for something or other....

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just how ignorant are you, Kraig?
You can't even spell El Queda?
The attacks by the terrorists were an attack on all things western; including Canada and Germany.
There are those who feel that since the United States has a "client" government in Saudi Arabia, and has troops in the Muslem Holy land , a retaliation by extremists wss not surprising.
El Queda and Osama Bin Laden were supported, supplied and armed by the United States when they were fighting the Russians in Afganistan.

Canada and Germany both have troops in Afganistan today. Canada has taken many casualties; including civilian aid workers and diplomats. Our forces personnel are there to try and stabilize the country so the Taliban who succored the Al Queda organization will not retake control.

Since, once again, you only serve to illustrate your deep level of ignorance why don't you stick to topics where you might have knowlege.

>This has the political twist that I will carry over here and
>is kinda a joke.
>
>
>We hosted several young ladies (foreign exchange students)
>most from Germany and all very liberal and were determined
>to prove me wrong all of them. I would listen and listen
>and comment back on why I am right and back up my proof with
>facts such as the newest story regarding our VP would you
>rather go hunting with ##### or for a Car ride with Ted oh
>over a bridge also? Well at least ##### called for help
>imm. OK now you understand my facts position...
>
>Anyway on with the humor, Julia asked me if you new your
>party was really, really wrong in a strong German accent
>would I still vote for them. I thought for a moment not
>meaning to be a smart A and answered with this "that is why
>I never vote Democrate" anyway it was funny at the time,
>and for all of you hating me yes I have voted for an
>individual but never for the party...
>
>We had one young lady who actually felt no bad feelings
>towards the montsters on 9 11 and was furious that we might
>consider an attack on ALKIDA we are all bad Americans in her
>view. She really tested my emergency button. No words of
>wisdom were worth voicing as she was bound and determined
>that one day she would win the Nobel Peace Prize for
>something or other....

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Perhaps, like many of our members, I was puzzled by the comments of Broompilot. So, I looked through a few previous posts, I noticed that Broompilot and a Canadian member were exchanging uncomplimentary political views in another Forum. It appears as though Broompilot moved the discussion to this forum but did not explain why he was making his allegations and allusion about the non-USA governments.

RobA's comments, therefore, are understandable and, pro or con, the conflicts in the mid east go on. I believe, it is incumbent upon each of us to support the troops of our respective countries until they are all safely home, even though we can agree to disagree about our governments philosophies and methodology.

Since we don't have a spell checker on EO (Lawrence can't afford it), we are all guilty of the occasional misspelling, some more than most. We should all refrain from criticizing our fellow members because of any misspelled words. Some words, such as those that represent the organization known in the west as ALKIDA have no misspellings, only commonly used spellings. Every news organization has its own "Style Manual" and many choose different spelling for the same word(s). The general public usually accepts the spelling of their favorite news outlet.

Back to El Queda. This word has its roots in the Arabic language of symbols and has only a phonetic spelling for English language speakers. A brief Google search revealed the following spellings for this word: Al Quaida, Al Qaeda, Al Qaida, Al Qa'dah, Al Qa'ida, El Kaida, Al Kaida, plus all the upper case repeated in lower case, and some of the Al's replaced by El. I couldn't find a reference to Al Kida, but it sounds the same to me.

Let us all agree to disagree but play nice in so doing.

Terry

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Uh Oh a Google search for Al Queda,somthing tells me you will have vistors soon.:p :p

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Rob you dare to call me ignorant twice and continue to insult my writing. I Sir have never insulted anyone personaly on this site. You Sir Owe me an apoligy even if I do not have a PHD in grammer and we see things from a different point of veiw. Second take a look at your own Signiture line from other peoples comments. Seems like someone else has a opinion on you that I do not need to comment on here.

Terry thanks for your comments.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Since the word used for the radical islamic group you are discussing is arabic, there is no accurate english spelling for it....what's the difference anyway? we all know who you are addressing no matter how you spell it.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand these attacks on Broompilot. He made an opinion on Canada, most of which I agree with. Being from Detroit, and having a Canuckian wife, I think I know more than most Americans. I visit there. I listen to stories. Yes, I read their newspapers.

Personally, if it weren't for their government, and the fact it's so dammed cold, I'd rather live there. The ppl are just plain cool. The stores have funky names, but have cool stuff. Their restaurants are nice. Ppl walk down the street all day long. There isn't the hustle of normal American life. They have blue money!

Now, the bad parts. I wouldn't want to need an operation there. I don't like their government's intrusion (tho ours is becoming moreso, you just don't hear enough about it). They (Canadian government) trashed us in the beginning of Iraq invasion for voting brownie points. Too much taxes!!! And, they cater to the Parisian wannabes in Quebec.

Broom is not a hateful man. He's trying to make conversation here, not start a third world war. I've known him since he started coming here, and I know him to speak his mind. Get off the bashing crap, Rob. It's not necessary. If he's being ignorant, look around. Most on here are, in some fashion... including me.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, Canada is o.k... It reminds me of my attic. I don't go up there very often but when I do I find things that are kinda cool that I forgot about. I wander around a little bit and then I get cold and come back down.:D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Letzrock, what a wonderful analogy. Hope nobody is offended. I think even Robertson Davies would appreciate it.