If you pay for a prescription,

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This site is a blessing:

About GoodRx

I found it awhile ago, but didn't want to share if I hadn't checked it myself. Today, my $76 prescription cost $55, so I can vouch for it.
Even if you only pay a few dollars copay, think about comparison shopping your prescription, and filling it at the lowest cost vendor, because they deserve the support. [I rarely buy anything at Costco, but keep the membership because I like their style.] And if Costco is the lowest price, you can use the pharmacy without a membership card.
PS It doesn't have to be a 'people' prescription, pet meds are honored too! :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Check around when buying drugs. One of my wife's perscriptions has been free at Meijers for almost a year now. Don't ask me why, but they call every 30 days and let us know it's ready. Cheri is right, shop around.

I will say that MOST of the time we always go to the same mom and pop drug store. It is family owned and the service is far better than at the big chains. There is a case for paying a bit higher for personal service. There is a fine line.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Three hours after having a script filled I found out about GoodRx.com I would have saved $30.00 on the script that cost me $43.80

I like the fact you can see what every pharmacy charges in a given area and that you can print up their coupons.

My brother-in-law purchased a inhaler for $10.00 which would have cost $ 130.00.....so check out the scripts you have had filled vs. what you'd pay with the help of GoodRx.com

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We like Costco. Not for prescriptions but for the free food tasting you can do on the weekends.;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In the article I read about the guy who created the site, I was shocked to find the difference in charges for Tamoxifen [a breast cancer drug] ranged from $11 to well over $400. There is no excuse for such disparities, except greed. Do people not care because "insurance pays for it"? We ALL pay for it, [it's a big reason why health insurance costs so much] and I'd rather pay less, myself.

Dave: I like their cakes [filled with mousse] best of all, so I limit my exposure, lol.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I like anything that is new. Some is real good and some, not so good.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I always bring my walmart drug list to the doctor for them to pick from, cheap stuff so far :)

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Publix stores offer free antibiotics with a prescription. It saves us because we have knee replacements and you have to take an antibiotic before every Dentist visit

sectra1

Active Expediter
Costco ***. I'm cutting back on junk food and sugar but there are no rules at Costco and last time they were serving pumpkin pie bites with whip cream! Wow! What a score.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Publix stores offer free antibiotics with a prescription. It saves us because we have knee replacements and you have to take an antibiotic before every Dentist visit

Publix may be doing you a good service, but then again, they may not be - have you checked what the cost of both the original script & antibiotics would be elsewhere? It's probably less at Publix, but you can never be sure....

PS: If you wander around picking up a few groceries [not the free samples] while waiting for the prescrpition, Publix probably comes out ahead, lol. ;)