If this is true, Whats the problem now

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yup....absolutely

And before all you died in the wool libs jump ALL over me calling me a racist etc. I am ONLY SECOND generation in this country. All of my grandparents were born overseas. ALL of my immigrant family LEARNED ENGLISH, some better than others, and ALL came here LEGALLY and ALL became citizens. They took the test in ENGLISH!! They took the oath IN ENGLISH!! So should todays immigrants. THAT is how this country will grow. Embracing people who's very first act in a new country is a crime, well, you would HAVE to be a liberal. A liberal by todays standards that is. :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And before all you died in the wool libs jump ALL over me calling me a racist etc. I am ONLY SECOND generation in this country. All of my grandparents were born overseas. ALL of my immigrant family LEARNED ENGLISH, some better than others, and ALL came here LEGALLY and ALL became citizens. They took the test in ENGLISH!! They took the oath IN ENGLISH!! So should todays immigrants. THAT is how this country will grow. Embracing people who's very first act in a new country is a crime, well, you would HAVE to be a liberal. A liberal by todays standards that is. :(

Standing O on that one....no racism in your post!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Politics as far back to Roman times has been loaded with patronage appointments...

Patronage in the military is a very dangerous thing...or can be...

I wouldn't want some son/daughter of a 4 star general commanding me if they hadn't of earned it....I'd be doubting and second guessing their orders all the time. Not a good thing.

Yes it is a dangerous thing and it is still practiced in the English military. This was one of the issues we dealt with as a country when we were forming it. The need to reject titles and nobilities, regardless who they are is paramount to our system of government and our society. In the recent past, we have bowed down to royalty - both elected, and entertainment.

It does take more than knowing someone to move to the upper ranks of the military and as mentioned, the pentagon is not where wars are decided to be fought, that only happens in the congress and the WH.