If I have a concern

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Probably going to hear some negative about this post but guess I'm bored sitting today.
My wife Kathy reads this stuff everyday and at times post's.
She comments on what she reads while we are going down the road.
OK, I'll get to the core of the subject.
Why do so many use this forum to complain and ask others how to solve issues with a company?
If I work for company X and have an issue with them, I'll call company X to get things straight. Who else better will have the answer?

Example:
"I ended up recieving 6 cents FSC less than what I was offered when I accepted the load".
Call your company. I did and now understand how the FSC system works. Not very good but I now know.

If you are posting just to let off some fustration and hear from others, go for it, I understand.
However, if you are looking for answers, go to the source directly.
When you get an answer, please share it with others on here.

OK, tell me I should mind my own business.:rolleyes:
BIG JOHN

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm independent. If I have a concern about things that are happening in this industry, who do I talk to then? My company? If I talk to myself, people will think I've lost my marbles. It feels good to come on here and vent.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I think it is a little bit of blowing off steam, and a way to get others opinions and at the same time see if they can get an answer to the question.

You can't always call some Carriers and get the correct answer, and that is a shame.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I'm independent. If I have a concern about things that are happening in this industry, who do I talk to then? My company? If I talk to myself, people will think I've lost my marbles. quote]

your corporate meetings must be fun. can we watch?:D

broker

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks, not to hard on me, YET.
I hope you understand, I was talking about specific questions, dealing with your compnay.

Maybe it is because I'm so new but I hate seeing employees rip the company they are working for, on a public forum.

We have had our share of problems in the last couple months, some with great concern. However, once calmed down, we call to talk with the right person, who can give us an answer.
Again, maybe I'm working for one of the better companies but I always hang up with the best answer to the issue.
Maynot agree but I have it.
I have never had them say, gee, I don't know!

BIG JOHN

Reactions: 1 person

moose

Veteran Expediter
Maybe it is because I'm so new but I hate seeing employees rip the company they are working for, on a public forum

BIG JOHN

We are all Independent Contractor ,(Except of Mr. D. )
Big different .
Big.

Moose.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It allows you to blow off a little steam but it also can help you validate your thoughts. If 100 people come on and agree with you and share a similar experience you can start to thing it's the truth. If 100 people come on and tell you to give your head a shake, maybe you go away thinking that maybe you just don't understand all the facts.

OR......you have the ability to come on here and be basically anonymous (who the hell is Piper1 really) and vent cause you can without any consequences.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Maybe it is because I'm so new but I hate seeing employees rip the company they are working for, on a public forum.

That word doesn't really apply to owner operators, although most of the larger carriers like to treat people like it does.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is just supposition, but it may be that at least some have contacted their carrier (or tried to) with an issue, and remain unsatisfied with the response, or lack thereof. As we all know that most carriers keep an eye on what's said here, perhaps it's just another way of addressing an issue - hoping for validation from others in the same situation, maybe?

broker

Seasoned Expediter
That is what I meant by, "Maybe the company I work for is different"
Everytime I have had a question, they deal with it right then and there. Always giving me an answer.
Even had them call me back once to admit they were wrong about a question that I felt my response was the right one, compared to what they were saying.

My issue, is my company is talked about in a negative way on here at times.
In fact, all Expediting firms have been at one tome or another.

This business is hard and not meant for everyone.
Maybe that could be part of the problem.
BIG JOHN

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Again I also have a problem with the term employee i dont work for my carrier they work for me. By that they are the ones spending the money hireing people to find the loads to offer me. Now some people talk to the wrong people and by posting here someone that already had that problem can steer them in the right direction.