Icons, photos

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
A question for the more advanced members: I very simple words, for us very simple people, how do you post photos in a question or response? How does one post a photo with their name?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
when you reply or post at the bottom there is a line for attachment.put your cursor on the click here to choose file,then you will see a block come up,put what kind of file,and browse to find your file,up load it,theer you go.
hope this helps

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
To choose a photo that appears with your username, click on 'user menu', then on 'edit profile', then on 'choose avatar' link, which will open a box full of images to choose from. (IMO, but not whomever is in charge of these things, an avatar should be removed from the list, once it's chosen - if you don't want to share, check to see who is using what, before choosing one. As much as I like my Roadrunner avatar, if someone else chooses it, I will have to find another, and learn how to import it - something I haven't figured out how to do yet...) Choose one, click to upload it, and then click on 'update profile', and your avatar should appear when you post. (You'll probably want to post something, to make sure that it does)
If you want to import a photo as your avatar, someone else will have to do the how-to, because I can't. Good luck!

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I have been trying to replace my avitar with a picture from my picture files too. I can't seem to make it work!!!!!!!! I'm a little frustrated.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I think that you can't upload an avatar like a picture.

The instructions are as follows;

You may use image files on a remote server.
To do so, enter the image URL.
For best result, it should be 48x48 in size.

In my case, I just can put an avatar on my server (actual one) and use it to hold the avatar. I am not into Avatars and the one's I would use are not as tasteful as what others would expect them to be so I don't use them.

What is an avatar anyway? I mean we discussed FAQ's but really this is a little different than that.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I trust no one will use our avitar. If you need help after trying the above tips, try asking Dreamer to help you import your personal avitar. He's away from the office for awhile but will return soon.