I now own truck

johndeereman

Active Expediter
Well I went out on a limb and brought a truck.I have been lurking here for a while.This is my first post.I have been driving a straight truck for about a year.The guy I have been driving for told me if I brought a truck he would put me on.So sold land scaping business and brought a truck 25500 GVW.sleeper and26 FT BOX.Now he says why dont you just get your own authority and if I get any extra Ill give you a call.Probaly for the best as I dont want to drive for him after that and a couple other coments and the way he teaches logging and trys to guiLt me into running over HOS so he doesnt have to come back from long weekends.I have learned much more READING HERE than driving for him for a year.I found out he was having me operate illegal as his truck does not have a legal sleeper and was being advised to just take a knap in truck so I purchased a truck with a sleeper as he told me I would be out for a few days.I have a chaufers lisence and insurance and need to get rolling .Help any and all advise will be used thanks in advance.PS I also have a enhanced license and live in SW Michigan.I do have a good relationship with a dispatcher and she tells me she can keep me busy driving on my own or driving for another company or two

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Best advice I have is go get your class B CDL. There are states out here that will still require you to scale, and your truck will raise questions and likely get you harassed by scale cops. You may even be able to test using your truck. Best of luck

Slackin is what a Slacker does best :D
Oh I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Best advice I have is go get your class B CDL. There are states out here that will still require you to scale, and your truck will raise questions and likely get you harassed by scale cops. You may even be able to test using your truck. Best of luck

He doesn't need a class B to drive under 26000 lb truck. But he will have to scale and log in every state.

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
He doesn't need a class B to drive under 26000 lb truck. But he will have to scale and log in every state.

I understand he doesn't NEED it, my point was it would reduce hassles. It would also open up more possibilities down the road.

Slackin is what a Slacker does best :D
Oh I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well I went out on a limb and brought a truck.I have been lurking here for a while.This is my first post.I have been driving a straight truck for about a year.The guy I have been driving for told me if I brought a truck he would put me on.So sold land scaping business and brought a truck 25500 GVW.sleeper and26 FT BOX.Now he says why dont you just get your own authority and if I get any extra Ill give you a call.Probaly for the best as I dont want to drive for him after that and a couple other coments and the way he teaches logging and trys to guiLt me into running over HOS so he doesnt have to come back from long weekends.I have learned much more READING HERE than driving for him for a year.I found out he was having me operate illegal as his truck does not have a legal sleeper and was being advised to just take a knap in truck so I purchased a truck with a sleeper as he told me I would be out for a few days.I have a chaufers lisence and insurance and need to get rolling .Help any and all advise will be used thanks in advance.PS I also have a enhanced license and live in SW Michigan.I do have a good relationship with a dispatcher and she tells me she can keep me busy driving on my own or driving for another company or two

Johndeereman,

Give me a call at the office. Maybe I can help.
407-574-8511

angelryder

Expert Expediter
Funny how some one in this post has time to answer questions & ask to be called but can't return calls from the ones his led on thinking they had a deal worked out.Guess this shows what kind of person he is,if he can live with his self I can too.I guess thats Gods way of telling me to stay clear.Wish I'de gotten the emails about him & his company before I wasted my time.Have a Merry Christmas.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Funny how some one in this post has time to answer questions & ask to be called but can't return calls from the ones his led on thinking they had a deal worked out.Guess this shows what kind of person he is,if he can live with his self I can too.I guess thats Gods way of telling me to stay clear.Wish I'de gotten the emails about him & his company before I wasted my time.Have a Merry Christmas.

Angelryder:

Before you get resentful, you need to be reminded that I never promised to lease your equipment, but only to discuss it with you, as I was not sure that your equipment would be suitable for us. That original thread is here:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/50168-cube-van.html

I also made you aware in our phone conversation that in it's present form, your vehicle is unsuited for our needs. We are not currently accepting cargo vans or sprinters, and your present setup of the cube did not have an eight foot length of available cargo space, rendering it a 2 skid truck at best, provided that the pallets were not 48 x 48.

Also, you originally presented yourself to us a team truck, but when we spoke on the phone, that seemed to change to a solo who wanted to be away for only a few days at a time.

We cannot lease equipment and services simply based on a promise to retrofit a vehicle to suitable specifications in the near future.

I am sorry you feel inconvenienced by our decision.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ummm???? Can only haul two skids and wants to be out just a few days? Can't understand why a deal couldn't be reached.:eek:
Needs a local courier gig if the fuel costs don't wipe him out.

angelryder

Expert Expediter
We only discussed team(husband & wife) and do have the 8ft.The way you talked we would be out 3 weeks at a time no problem,you said you talked to your partner & we talked about us starting the first of Jan. and you said the decals & paper work would be mailed after a 45 minute phone call.I kept emails & also printed out pm's also.I guess you got memory loss.I've been told by 4 now to stay clear of you,do you want those pm's posted.I been a business man over 45 years and I stick by my word unlike you.My reputation is spotless unlike yours.I was brought up your word is your bond.You did'nt even have the decency to return emails or my calls sounds like you got something to hide.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Rough stuff i feel one should take there probs with another to that persons pm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
We only discussed team(husband & wife) and do have the 8ft.The way you talked we would be out 3 weeks at a time no problem,you said you talked to your partner & we talked about us starting the first of Jan. and you said the decals & paper work would be mailed after a 45 minute phone call.I kept emails & also printed out pm's also.I guess you got memory loss.I've been told by 4 now to stay clear of you,do you want those pm's posted.I been a business man over 45 years and I stick by my word unlike you.My reputation is spotless unlike yours.I was brought up your word is your bond.You did'nt even have the decency to return emails or my calls sounds like you got something to hide.

PMs denouncing us? I'd be happy to see a reprint....with the screen name included please. I don't mind answering critics.

Though you wish to turn your sour grapes from a private matter into a public forum, I have no animosity towards you personally. We simply have no current openings for a truck with a 93" x 85" cargo area.

I hope you realize that any glimmer of hope that you had with us is now long gone.

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Angelryder:

Before you get resentful, you need to be reminded that I never promised to lease your equipment, but only to discuss it with you, as I was not sure that your equipment would be suitable for us. That original thread is here:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/50168-cube-van.html

I also made you aware in our phone conversation that in it's present form, your vehicle is unsuited for our needs. We are not currently accepting cargo vans or sprinters, and your present setup of the cube did not have an eight foot length of available cargo space, rendering it a 2 skid truck at best, provided that the pallets were not 48 x 48.

Also, you originally presented yourself to us a team truck, but when we spoke on the phone, that seemed to change to a solo who wanted to be away for only a few days at a time.

We cannot lease equipment and services simply based on a promise to retrofit a vehicle to suitable specifications in the near future.

All of these drivers just talk up the world and when it gets down to the nitty gritty, they can't even live up to 50 percent of what they told you they can do. I guess that's just a part of the recruiting process these days. I'm all done with part timers, people who call the dispatch line 25 times a day, and people who do not perform or answer their phones. I can see why you are very cautious about adding new people. I might have to back off the cargo vans myself as the profit margins are way too thin right now. This is also another reason why I don't tell anyone on here the name of my company or post a link to my company website, you just become an even bigger target.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
All of these drivers just talk up the world and when it gets down to the nitty gritty, they can't even live up to 50 percent of what they told you they can do. I guess that's just a part of the recruiting process these days. I'm all done with part timers, people who call the dispatch line 25 times a day, and people who do not perform or answer their phones. I can see why you are very cautious about adding new people. I might have to back off the cargo vans myself as the profit margins are way too thin right now. This is also another reason why I don't tell anyone on here the name of my company or post a link to my company website, you just become an even bigger target.

I have nothing against Angelryder. It's just a misunderstanding. I replied to him on 12/16 regarding his equipment. When the specific specs were delivered, they differed enough from the general specs I had originally received that made this deal close to impossible. He had mentioned having his sleeper wall moved several inches in order to accommodate 8 feet and at least a couple of inches. As far as I knew, the work had not been completed, so there was really no more reason to discuss a contract any further. The only thing I would say is that his retaliation, due to impatience has ended any chances he might've had in the future.

As was stated above, this really should've remained a private matter. There was no breach of contract, as there was no contract.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Jefferson props to you. You are able to keep it professional even when one is coming at you immaturely .my reply wasnt to you at all it was to the other person. I just thought that if a person has a problem theres no need for them to cheapshot a person in that teenage way. Why not adress the person whom you are having problem's with instead of trying to take a jab at the person openly to try and make them look bad especially when a person like yourself was being what every person should try to be and that is helpfull.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Blizzard very good and informative statement. Ima cargovan guy we need lovin too hhahalol jk. And jefferson and blizzard if you arent getting talked about or getting jabbed at from anyone then you arent doing anything right. Buisness owners and people who run them like my dad yall have alot on your shoulders and are amazing people how you
Keep it professional in every situation kudos to you both :)

johndeereman

Active Expediter
Well angel ryder I did not put this post up so indivuals would have a place to attack others.I posted looking for useful info and insight.Jefferson fast freigt and others have provided info AND INSIGHT I could use.When I posted I did not attack or name the company who I feel did not treat me right as it provides no value to the post and only shows spite.I bought a truck so I could work for myself.I never would count my my chickens before the eggs hatch.I AM finding if you own the right equipmet and are willing to jump through the right hoops,new med card, new annaul inspection, through there provider, sattalite fees EORBS ect many will put YOU to work.Did you have a contract and not get paid or get charged fees or decieved after you had a contract then I would be interested .Other wise your not much more than the fed ex guy throwing the TV.Who do you reccomend I work for.When I put this truck together everyone I talked to said make your cargo area as big as possible.So I did My truck measures 39 foot ten inches long.Is there any place I cant go as I am to long.

johndeereman

Active Expediter
Thanks for the link.It does not exactly work It came to an out dated page but followed the links and it did get me the info.I would of posted where I got to but I am not very tech savy.I think I am going to become more so.My teen laughs when he thinks I am going to get a new smart phone and suggest he get the same one so he can teach me.LOL A 17 teen year old boy staying home to teach his dad lmao.he might text me a how to dad.Kind of a reverse of the song Lost it words when you coming home dad.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Angelryder:

Me tink, it's prolly another case of selective hearing thats all too common these days. Coupled with the anticipation that he could "slide" intil he got a "roundtuit" for equipment retrofit.

Experienced this some in my day. You were wise there Jeff, to "allow" this fella to stay on the porch.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Jeff..from the "professional" way angelrider handled his rejection, makes you glad he didn't do the modifications, the dark side sure came out...Good decision Jeff..