I miss the old layout!

markafd

Expert Expediter
I miss they forum questions at the bottom of the home page. I know everything is new maybe it will all work out.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Mark:
My computer illiteracy, a slow computer and an unfamiliarity of the new program had me pretty well frustrated in an attempt to navigate around the site on my first day. I'm now a believer in the new site as I've learned the ease of accessing many of the new features. You can achieve the same results as the recent posts at the bottom of the old EO page by clicking on the 'new post' tab.

Eventually, as members rate user information and value of thread content, an individual will be able to ID those posts that have value to them. It's human nature to resist change, but I trust you'll enjoy this format after a little use.

Happy New Year!

bigjoep89

Expert Expediter
I agree with Terry, It gets easier ever time I log in. I already like it better than the old format.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Because I am wearing my superman shirt. :D

I think it just has a few more functions

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
New Layout

Hey there everybody! I like the bold new look... There's just one thing... on the message board... I like being able to see the 1st sentance or 2 of all the posts... that tells me quickly what each is about... the way it is with the new system you have to move the mouse to each post to view it. That's all so far...

I do like the bold new look, it's cool.

Suggestion on the top bar... with the semi, I love the semi, but how about changing it up from day to day or week to week with a different rig or different style rig each... week - each day would require alot more work alot more often for the system.

Upon looking around more... I like the "Member Area"

and the Icon posting area too.

One more thing... could move the new "Forum Jump"... which is cool... to the top of the page above the main post we're reading as well as keep it where it is... just move it up slightly. I like the feature though, it's cool.

Last edited:

Pappy

Expert Expediter
When I first looked at the new site, I thought Oh My Gosh! But its things like this that have turned me into a truly High Tec Redneck. It's no different than switching from a simple truck like I used to drive to the KW I now drive. The KW has a cock pit full of guages buttons and switches. I'll learn to navigate this new layout the same way I learned to navigate my new ride. If I push enough buttons and flip enough switches, something is bound to HAPPEN!

Pappy

Reactions: 1 person

silverdollar

Expert Expediter

I have a question, Before the forum change if I saw a joke or something that I wanted to show to someone else there was a box to click to E-Mail the subject. How do I do that now?

PS. EO does load slower with the new format.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I have a question, Before the forum change if I saw a joke or something that I wanted to show to someone else there was a box to click to E-Mail the subject. How do I do that now? PS. EO does load slower with the new format.
Silverdollar,
Thanks for your post. We know that there is going to be a learning curve for all our members - afterall, we used the same format for 8 Years! But we knew in order to better serve our community - we had to upgrade.
Okay now to answer your questions "How to E-Mail a Friend a Link" at the top of each THREAD - there are several links - one says "THREAD TOOLS" Just click that and you will see all the cool tools.
We have a much faster server and better loading pages. Tell me - what Browser are you using and how do you accesss our site? DSL? Cable? Dial-up? Card?
Thanks!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have a much faster server and better loading pages. Tell me - what Browser are you using and how do you accesss our site? DSL? Cable? Dial-up? Card?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm using Firefox with my air card and I was impressed with how it loaded today. This is the first time I've been able to spend some time getting used to it and I really like it. A much richer look. You guys hit a home run, IMHO!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
When you are not taking the entire quote,just make sure you leave the beggining and end part after you edit the quote.

I.E. for this quote leave the beginning
Lawrence:228601 said:
intact.
Then leave the ending. [ /QUOTE]

You should end up with the quote in the blue box. DD.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Appears some one took some tips off of Mad Truckers dot com pages for there layout/

Maybe tone down the colors some and this will work.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The softer colors of the old layout were more appealing to the eye.

get rid of the red or choose a softer red tone down and it will work.

fortwayne

Not a Member
OK site

Sometimes the computer web site geekers mess things up. Not this time!
Great job!
Looks good.