I Like Mike Huckabee

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'll agree Arkansas' roads are WAY better than when I first drove thru in '96. You also had 8% sales tax (high at the time) and high income taxes. I believe Huckabee had to do a lot to make up for the screw ups of Clinton. But there is always room to cut. Knowing Hillary's tendency for overbearing government programs, I'm sure she left something to be tanked.

Ark... for your info, only Arab immigrants get their businesses tax free for so many years. You can thank Carter for that one.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
T-Hawk, didn't Reagan raise taxes before he lowered them?

Well it don't matter, lets get the fair tax in there and we won't have to worry about it.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My 50 cents, oh sorry I already posted that so U all know my thoughts
But instead Id rather watch You Tube and get a laugh then to worry
about a bunch of Politicitions that it realy dont matter as I think they
are all crooks any way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j_fxs8mUcQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h7ztnsJOfc&feature=related

Star Wars Episode II and III Anakin vs Dooku
03:20 From: MegaApple
Views: 93,385

Anakin Skywalker (The Way I Was)
03:57 From: AnakinPrime
Views: 78,546
Anakin Skywalker (Slipping Away)
03:47 From: AnakinPrime
Views: 71,828
Anakin Skywalker - The Man in Black
03:50 From: kishometeora
Views: 75,332
Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - It's My Life
03:44 From: TRexMaster01
Views: 92,848
Star Wars Episode 3 Alternate Ending
01:19 From: darthatton
Views: 237,092

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Greg,
Even your Fair Tax website says Mike Huckabee supports the fair tax, which I think is a great idea as well. He has been saying for a while he wants to shut down the IRS. I can't think of anything better than that.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes I know he does but being frank about this the other canidates are completely clue less on the issue and if you read their tax plan, it is the same old cr*p.

The other thing is, even though he says he supports it, there is some speculation that the idea will be dropped if he gets into office, which only time will tell.

The media not surprisingly has been feeding the masses with more hate filled class warfare propaganda, some of which have said that the tax is 35% on top of the existing taxes while others say that we won't repeal the 16th amendment and still others say that this fantasy of tax reform has been created only to draw attention to Huck. To me it don't matter what the media says, they already are anti-American enough and don't want to see anything but to punish the rich.

But with that said, the one thing I find really disheartening is that no one really understands the present tax system and how really destructive it has been tot he country. While we are so used to it and there is a present need for funding things but no one said the funding is set in stone. We are a country that was built on a foundation that allowed changing with our needs when we need and the antiquated tax system of the mid-19th century, that had been the subject of hundreds of thousands of pages on how to control society's behavior should be left where it belongs, as part of the history of our country.

Huck may be bringing this to the surface but it matters that you, the voter support it and start trying to get it going.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Well I read that fair tax website, and I'll admit alot of it was over my head but what I understood made sense. The fact that taxes won't be held out of your paycheck anymore is a good thing. You will pay taxes on things you buy. Correct me if I'm wrong Greg but doesn't it say that lower income families will get some kind of tax rebate on neccisities that they buy? Plus I thought it said something along the lines that the rich could get some kind of break if they open factories or facilities that create new products or jobs. That sounds good to me to. Plus it said we would save a bunch of money by not having the IRS any longer and having it go through the Treasury Department. If that is correct then it sounds like a good deal and I'm all for it. I punched in my numbers last night, and I want to say the wife and I would save a little over 1,000 dollars a year on that plan.

ACE

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The conservative States AR,GA,AL,TN, and the swing State WV like Mike to.
The candidate that supports the fair tax, and securing our borders.