Husband and wife team

BradBetty

Seasoned Expediter
hi betty, my wife and myself ,brad are looking to get into white gl/tval expediting/ 2yrs over the road ,now running all 48 haz mat,doubles trips,tanker endorsments, homeland security cleared. we now normally stay out 6 to 8 weeks at a time home 3 days the nback out 6 to 8 weeks,home time not important, we run avg 6200 miles a week. truck grosses 7580.00 per wk on avg. in pocket avg 3000.00 a week. if you know how to get inot or can direct a person that is interested in talking with us about it pls have them send replys to [email protected] tks

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Welcome to The EO forum. Take a peek at the free classifieds here:
Teams Wanted

In addition to looking thru the free classifieds, call any of the FedEx Custom Critical recruiters and ask if any of their owners are looking for an experienced team and would they give you a referal.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As Terry said, welcome and do a lot of reading here. You'll pick up a lot from it. These forums are an exceptionally good reference source.

As to your specific inquiry, I don't run any tval trucks so I could be wrong but I can't see $3k weekly net after splitting with a truck owner. Others with direct experience will correct me if I'm wrong but on the common 60/40 split it just doesn't seem likely regardless of which side of the split you're on.

Good luck with whatever your decision is.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I didn't pay much attention to BradBetty's weekly numbers until Leo mentioned it. Like Leo, I have never operated a TVal truck but I know of several operators that would be very pleased with an annual Gross of $225,000. An owner that pays all truck fuel, toll, wash, etc. expenses would give 40% or $90,000 to the driver team, far short of your $150,000 requirements.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I did not see you asking specifically how to get into a fleet owner's w/g TVAL truck. If you are, the obvious disadvantage is splitting the revenue with the fleet owner that provides the truck. The advantage is getting into a truck without paying for it yourself.

Note that there is a waiting list now to get into White Glove. Openings occur. It just might be a while before one occurs for you. Recruiters and fleet owners can tell you more about the current openings and waits.

The biggest money in w/g reefer work can be made by owner-operator teams, with the work ethic and credentials you describe, that drive an ER unit (tractor-trailer, TVAL reefer equipped). Since you are already driving doubles, ER-unit driving is certainly an avenue to explore.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Probably not much to explore if his requirements are to net $150,000 per year driving a fleet owners truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
hi betty, my wife and myself ,brad are looking to get into white gl/tval expediting/ 2yrs over the road ,now running all 48 haz mat,doubles trips,tanker endorsments, homeland security cleared. we now normally stay out 6 to 8 weeks at a time home 3 days the nback out 6 to 8 weeks,home time not important, we run avg 6200 miles a week. truck grosses 7580.00 per wk on avg. in pocket avg 3000.00 a week. if you know how to get inot or can direct a person that is interested in talking with us about it pls have them send replys to [email protected] tks

3k a week average, stay where you are at - don't even bother.