HR45 - The devil appears

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
America is under attack again from the most dangerous enemy we have, the current administration. Bin Laden and the Taliban are nothing compared to the evil in Washington. We can only hope this bill never makes it to discussion however there is always a real danger the vile lowlifes now in the majority will force this through and if that happens we have no leader in place to veto their madness. HR45, the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009, is the first step in making everyone a slave to the criminals and the government. This is so patently unconstitutional it's laughable and yet it will have support all the way to the interloper in chief. Be afraid and if you aren't afraid you must not be an American.

HR45 - Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered

.You are fingerprinted

.You supply a current Driver's License

.You supply your Social Security #

.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs in prison.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I brought this issue up a while back. house Rep Bobby Rush from , are you ready... Ill.!! is the one behind this. But it isn't new, he has been bring it up for more then a few yrs.

Bobby rush is a real piece of work, former member of the Black Panthers (he started and was the head of the Chicago branch), criminal (both civil and military went awol from the military and went to prison for illegally having weapons), and oh, Friend of both the clintons and Barrys!!!

Close friend to major and bill ayers..............oh and Ill. govenor Rod Bloggo!!! The kind of guy everyone needs to have in their list of friends.........

Here is wiki on bobby:

Bobby Rush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
HR45 - Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered

.You are fingerprinted

.You supply a current Driver's License

.You supply your Social Security #

.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs in prison.

Out of curiosity, how do your laws regarding gun ownership read now? Or don't you have any?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have over 20,000 gun laws already in place. The problem is the idiots continue to try to solve a problem by legislating against inanimate objects and punishing the lawful owners and users rather than legislating against and punishing the criminals. It is incredibly, unbelievably simple. Conviction of possession of a weapon during the commission of a felony results in capital punishment. No options and no appeal of the sentence, only of the conviction. Conviction of the third felony has the same sentence. No exceptions. You don't stop a mean kid from being a bully on the playground by making all sorts of stupid rules affecting the other kids and equipment. You stop the bully by making his punishment too severe for him to risk the bad behavior. So simple a caveman could understand it but sadly liberals are not as evolved as cavemen.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
States have their own laws and since 1968 the feds have been forcing regulating firearms.

In Michigan (its been a while so if this has changed, correct me) if I am buying a handgun from a private owner, I have to go to the cop shop, tell them I am interested in purchasing a hand gun and go through the background check. They do their thing, then I get a purchase permit and one half goes to seller and the other half I have to take back to the cop shot who checks the weapon.

This only applies to handguns here, I haven't heard about 50cal rifles, but again....

Automatic weapons are the only thing that has been decided on by the supreme court. In order for one to get one, there is a process to get a class III permit and taxes are paid. This came out from the rash of killings during the early and mid 30's in the midwest by people like Dillinger and Barrow. It is closely watched and transfers can be stopped.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
If it passes, all you will see the expense of owning a gun go up, the black market price going up for criminals to buy guns, which will make it more of incentive for gun dealers to sell on the black market.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Greg, i am not saying what you said about a face to face privates sale is wrong, but I can tell you if that is the law, it is pretty much ignored. I have bought several hand guns in michgan from private owners and paid cash, and neither of us knew who the other guy was. It happens all the time in parking lots outside of gun shows and gun dealers.....and not just in michigan.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It happens all the time in parking lots outside of gun shows and gun dealers.....and not just in michigan.
That's what they want to stop, and that's precisely the thing they can't stop. You buy a gun in a parking lot, or in a basement, or in a corn field, and you now have an unregistered handgun. The prospect of having an unregistered handgun is not one that would give a criminal pause, but it might to a law biding citizen. Same ol', same ol', gun control results in only the criminals having guns, and criminals with guns tend to commit most of the crimes with guns.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Gun registration is NOT going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, gun laws are not put in place to punish crinimals and they will not stop nor have they ever stopped the criminal element from getting guns. Gun laws do nothing but turn law abiding citizens into crinimals...And a face to face private sale is NOT illegal in most places...as i said i am not saying greg is wrong, but in most states where guns can be legally bought, a face to face private sale doesn't not require a registration.

In Ohio, a gun sale from a GUN DEALER does not require a fed state of local registration. Just a backround check on the purchaser. The dealer needs to keep a record of what was sold to who, but it is not for the fed state or local law enforcement as a registration....and even that is does nothing to stop criminals from getting a gun.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Exactly. What they want to do is criminalize face-to-face guns sales between individuals, ostensibly preventing a criminal from buying a gun. They're nuts.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thought crimes. The law is full of them.
It's the reason you can't carry a 6-pack of beer in your cooler while driving a truck, because you MIGHT drink and drive, instead of waiting until you are off duty.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
bobby rush has been introducing anti handgun bills since 1993. none have ever seen the light of day. Right now the Dems in the Senate and congress don't want anything to do with anything that has Gun Ban or assault weapons ban on the docket. They remember the losses they suffered after the the last Clinton ban, as big of an idiot as pelosi is, she has downplayed these issues even after the new anti gun AG Holder said he would push for the new assault weapons ban.

You can bet I have no like for anything anti gun, but I also understand tha right now most of this is just not going to happen. That being said, something BIG from the anti gun crowd will happen before Barry leaves office. His history is 110% anti gun on all levels, he is concerned a gun enemy by the big gun owner groups in ill. He is NOT a gun friendly politician....but it ain't happening now....these storys are the same thing that the AIG bonus deal is, a distraction , "look over here at this", while they are "over there" screwing us over with the worthless economic relief and with another massive spending budget that will have our grand kids paying 75% income tax to clear the debt these jokers left them with....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rush, Pelosi, Obama, Reid et al don't deserve to live in this great nation they are attempting to destroy. I doubt this bill will make it out but they've got the entire floor now and more will see the light of day because criminals and scum are the majority now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You are all wasting key punches on this. There is no way this bill will ever pass...
Do you have any idea how many stupid laws we have that have had the same exact thing said about them? That's like saying there is no way Eminent Domain would ever be used to take private property from one private individual and then simply hand it over to another private individual, but that happened in Kelo v City of New London (the land, incidentally, remains to this day un-redeveloped, despite $80 million in public funds being funneled into the project).

This is a gun law that actually stands a very good chance of passing. Not because of safety, but because of political power. Read this:

Evidence says gun laws don't work

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Do you have any idea how many stupid laws we have that have had the same exact thing said about them? That's like saying there is no way Eminent Domain would ever be used to take private property from one private individual and then simply hand it over to another private individual, but that happened in Kelo v City of New London (the land, incidentally, remains to this day un-redeveloped, despite $80 million in public funds being funneled into the project).

This is a gun law that actually stands a very good chance of passing. Not because of safety, but because of political power. Read this:

Evidence says gun laws don't work

Call me naive, but money makes the world go around. The money doesn't want this. It ain't gonna happen. Where was the support to continue the ban on assault weapons when it expired a few year ago? What about the judge in D.C. who overturned the hand gun ban there? There are more people who don't want restrictions on guns than do. The far left isn't going to spend their money on this issue anyway.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are all wasting key punches on this. There is no way this bill will ever pass...

Famous last words. Maybe it won't pass in it's present form, but someone will introduce it's cousin and others that are similar in less insidious form so they can accomplish the same goals in increments. Also watch for more legislation regulating ammunition, just like a recent post mentioned the new govt policy shredding military spent cartridges. Policies like that will keep people from loading their own ammo. There's already been an attempt to legislate that EVERY bullet manufactured in the US be imprinted with a registration number that would be entered into a govt database. Fortunately, this ridiculous idea went down in flames - for now. But just to cover my tender parts, I'm gradually stocking up on ammo. Who knows - one day in the not-too-distant future we'll have to get our .22 shells from a govt controlled retailer similar to the ABC store.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Ok, I looked up the bill and found it HERE and I have a question about this part..

(3) to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms;

Do the REALLY think this bill is going to prevent that??

I also have a question about this part regarding the Universal Background Check Requirement..

(1) shall not apply to the infrequent transfer of a firearm by gift, bequest, intestate succession or other means by an individual to a parent, child, grandparent, or grandchild of the individual, or to any loan of a firearm for any lawful purpose for not more than 30 days between persons who are personally known to each other.’.

My father is holding a silver .357 Magnum handgun for me that belonged to his father. I am going to inherit the stupid thing when my father dies. If this ridiculous bill passes, am I going to have to go through all this nonsense in order to legally own the gun or sell it to someone else? Maybe I'll just take it out back and bury it.