How's your weather?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sitting at home in the Akron/Canton area. Hard to tell exactly how much we got here but it's alot. The wife and I went out this afternoon shoveled out the walkway to the front door and the driveway right in front of the garage. The deepest drifts there were over 26" ....

I took the pickup truck and drove down to the corner store ..... the drifts in front of the shed at the end of the drive were over 4' deep. The roads had been plowed but were covered with several inches of snow and pretty messy.

What's gonna be really cute is when this coming Wednesday and Thursday roll around and the high temps hits the middle 40's and middle 50's and it all starts to melt .... :eek:

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Well, last night in Boonton, NJ it started off at about 60 degrees. In a ten minute period the temp dropped ten degrees, and in this Walmart parking lot the wind started blowing so hard I thought I needed to park into the wind so I did not tip over (literally).

Good thing I did not, because the wind ripped the shopping carts out of the return places and they crossed the parking lot uphill at about 30 to 40 mph. I just sat there and watched as one vehicle after another got hammered by the carts. :eek:

Today it is sunny and about 28 degrees with lots of gusting winds.
:rolleyes:

prescat

Expert Expediter
Well I may not be making much money out here in Northern Cali as a CC solo, (actually I finally had a pretty nice week), but that is tempered by the fact that the dogs and I have managed to get in some great hiking/water fun in this mid 70-80 degree weather. Sunshine, T-shirts, pretty California girls in skimpy clothing...I may not head back East, (it's almost worth staying broke for a few months...)

Didn't Mean To Gloat,
Prescat

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
We had a driver call in from the Ottawa Valley region of Canada yesterday who said he was shutting it down until conditions improved. Yes, by all means shut down in the nearest safe location... no arguments.

Learned this morning the area received 18 inches of snow that started yesterday afternoon only to stop in the wee hours this morning.

Yes, spring IS coming. :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Good thing I did not, because the wind ripped the shopping carts out of the return places and they crossed the parking lot uphill at about 30 to 40 mph. I just sat there and watched as one vehicle after another got hammered by the carts.

WOW, just like when I was in rural hall North Carolina the other night with the rain storm. The shopping carts and the shopping cart stand (they are not bolted down) took off and ended up across the lot, some 200 yards away almost hitting one of the store fronts. I heard the winds got up to 60 mph and glad my back was to the wind.

Well I am still stuck in Erie, Still dealing with a stuck truck in front off me and the truck next to me left, the one next to him may leave here soon, I am going to try to move over to that spot. It is at least sunny and I took a lot of pictures and video to show my wife I am not kidding.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
well here at the microtel in albuqurque it is sunny. blue sky with a slight breeze that is not worth calling wind. i would have to say upper 40's to lower 50's. i am walking around jacketless and many locals are wearing coats. must be the thick midwestern blood.

just to show it is not all roses. i was in denton tx on thurs when 6 inches of snow fell with some of the largest flakes i have ever seen. it was melted and the slush gone by noon friday. the water filled the craters in the ta lot. never ever drive thru a puddle in the ta lot in denton. it is much deepre than you could imagine. been reading road king(or whatever the house mag is) that tells of the improvements ta is making across the country and i hope they get to improving this parking lot and many more soon.