How was your time at the 2010 Expo

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just wanted to see what everyone thought of the 2010 Expediters Expo. For me this was my 1st Expo since 2006. I had a blast and can't wait till the 2011 Expedite Expo. John Elliott the CEO from Load One was there and is one fun guy to be around. Lawrence was playing poker with us and having a great time. I plan to go next year and take a few of the people from Mayfield Express because I know they will have a great time. Lawrence out did himself this year. GREAT JOB EO.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
My wife and I had a nice time. We were on vacation with nothing to do and had been talking about a career change so we decided to come and check out the Expo. We are really glad we went. People were very friendly and we learned a lot about the Expediters' life and career. We have decided to move forward with the career change. My wife, Laura, has a CDL B, since she used to drive school bus. I will be going and getting mine soon.
We are empty nesters with our youngest leaving for college the end of Sept. After 9 children, 8 of our own and a nephew, we are ready to do something for ourselves. The grandbabies are starting to arrive also. So we want to get out and build some savings of our own. We have worked together before we feel we can live in a closet together and be ok, lol.
Thanks for all the information that was provided to us at the Expo. We were able to talk to drivers and carriers alike to get as much information as we wanted. The band was really good, we really enjoyed listening to them.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From the sound of it, it was the best one I never been to.....maybe next year. Been trying to make the last 6, Something aways comes up..

DaWhale

Seasoned Expediter
Walking around the parking lot and talking to the owners, being shown modifications made to their vehicles or talking with them about their lives as expediters was worth the trip.

The intro to expediting seminar was packed with people as well as information.

The show's exhibitors were typical and what I expected. Next time I won't spend as much time inside, felt like I missed a lot by not focusing more on being outside the exhibit's. Two days just wasn't enough time.

We didn't make the barbecue, planned on it but the best laid plans of mice and men.

Coming from the Texas Gulf Coast I figured the weather wouldn't be as hot and humid as it was, so that was a surprise.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Walking around the parking lot and talking to the owners, being shown modifications made to their vehicles or talking with them about their lives as expediters was worth the trip.

The intro to expediting seminar was packed with people as well as information.

The show's exhibitors were typical and what I expected. Next time I won't spend as much time inside, felt like I missed a lot by not focusing more on being outside the exhibit's. Two days just wasn't enough time.

We didn't make the barbecue, planned on it but the best laid plans of mice and men.

Coming from the Texas Gulf Coast I figured the weather wouldn't be as hot and humid as it was, so that was a surprise.

Too bad you missed the BBQ!! Maybe next year.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
sunday morning while putting on airtabs a fella walks over and he and i start chatting. he reveals he is from north of san francisco. where i ask. russian river area. i tell gracie he is from her part of the country. they talk a while and discover they had gone to school together from grammer to high. matter of fact gracies parents bought his step fathers home. they also purchased all their gas from the man when he owned a gas station in santa rosa.

small world.