How to avoid fax charges

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Hi: If you are tired of paying for fax fees, sometimes as much as 3 bucks per fax, I have discovered a better way. I bought one of those "stick" scanners and I scan the Bill of Lading with it and then send it to my company as an E-Mail attachment. They can then print it (on their dime) and it costs you as a driver nothing.
The scanner itself cost about 90 bucks but it will pay for itself in NO time. You must have a computer and an internet connection but it sure does save a LOT of money. Faxing can cost as much as 120 bucks per month depending on how many loads you get.
Hope this helps save you money.
Jumbuck;)

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Scanner, laptop, Primo PDF and an internet connection - no fax fees and no need to explain to the idiot behind the counter what has to be faxed and what doesn't.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Load 1 has supplied a scanner with the QC since I have been with them over a year ago....But before that i used a "stick (i forgot the name of it) for over a yr, now i just use that for my personal filing...

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I've been using a mini stick for over a year now, greatest thing since sliced bread, I tried the phone app thing, didn't like it.

MCGohio1985

Active Expediter
In the magazine at the pilot and flying j there is a free 1 page fax it in front of the location list

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Walmart charges $.15 a page to fax and many have truck parking. I rarely use a truck stop to fax anything.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
If you don't mind a DIY station Staples Office products has free self faxing. Since our office fax has a toll free number, I have found that many receivers don't mind taking a moment and faxing it back to help the driver.

I didn't know about the Walmart one. Where do you go for that? Customer service?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Have had scanner printer copier n truck for several years now. Can't remember last time I paid for a fax. LOL. But am interested in knowing more about this stick camera u guys r talking about? Mine is a wireless HP. Also curious about the app for my Droid. Never heard of it? Would like to try it?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey BigCat. Where did you get a fax sent at Walmart? I've had drivers go in several times and different locations, and we've NO ONE at Walmart that knows anything about a faxing service.

hanoki

Active Expediter
Hey BigCat. Where did you get a fax sent at Walmart? I've had drivers go in several times and different locations, and we've NO ONE at Walmart that knows anything about a faxing service.

I would also know where to go in Wally world to send fax.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Have had scanner printer copier n truck for several years now. Can't remember last time I paid for a fax. LOL. But am interested in knowing more about this stick camera u guys r talking about? Mine is a wireless HP. Also curious about the app for my Droid. Never heard of it? Would like to try it?

I've had the 'stick' scanner for a couple years, mine is a TravelScan ordered from Amazon, works great.