how many still out here today

classadriver

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to know what everyone thinks of the coming week.
have most already gone home for the holidays and out of the ones thats still running how many are pre-dispatched for monday or sitting with a load waiting to deliver?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Leaving the house tonight for Pittsburgh,p/u at 22:00 and del in Lancaster,PA at 03:30.

I'm gonna try to do a few short runs this week and then shut down till after New Years.I am doing the solo thing this week also.

PantherPower

Seasoned Expediter
We went home last Monday night after being in Ohio for 6 days and only racking up 160 miles (as a team!). We figured if we can't even get out of Ohio after almost a week, there's no use beating a dead horse! Our load planning department said "hang in there. We just need a little time to find you something." A little time? What was the 6 days??

We are O/S until the 5th and it will probably be just as slow. But at $850 a week for fixed expenses, the dead horse must be beaten some more!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Due to a death in the family, i am home now. Left W. Memphis friday morning, Other then that i wasn't planning on coming off the road till the 23rd. I'll be back in service on the 26th. If I am home for New Years, ok, if not, no big deal.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
But at $850 a week for fixed expenses, the dead horse must be beaten some more!

I hope that includes the expenses at home also.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I got home Friday night and I'm just going to try to find a couple short ones to do between now and Wednesday. I hope I can find some short stuff that I can do and come back home.

Nadal

Seasoned Expediter
We went home last Monday night after being in Ohio for 6 days and only racking up 160 miles (as a team!). We figured if we can't even get out of Ohio after almost a week, there's no use beating a dead horse! Our load planning department said "hang in there. We just need a little time to find you something." A little time? What was the 6 days??

We are O/S until the 5th and it will probably be just as slow. But at $850 a week for fixed expenses, the dead horse must be beaten some more!

Unbelievable! I that that Express one is a busy company....I understand that is slow but 160 miles as a team in Toledo???I think you break the record.Hopefully things are gonna be better for you.

springrivergroup

Seasoned Expediter
we delivered sat am about 100 miles from the house, went home and stayed in service expecting to get something, went out of service today because of all the 50 cent mile offers and we cant do that in a d truck :confused: must be lots of competition for the loads because of all the trucks in service:rolleyes:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
we delivered sat am about 100 miles from the house, went home and stayed in service expecting to get something, went out of service today because of all the 50 cent mile offers and we cant do that in a d truck :confused: must be lots of competition for the loads because of all the trucks in service:rolleyes:

.50 a mile is too cheap for any expedite vehicle. As far as I'm concerned, that's an LTL. If a load is that cheap, I'm treating it as an LTL and waiting around for something to put with it. You get what you pay for.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
staying out but will stop by a relatives house on Christmas or Christmas eve if the DH thee is not to high

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Having a Dr appt tomorrow, I DH home (Cleveland) from Erie, Pa, Fri, after waiting 24 hrs for a load going in the same general direction. (Turned down Mississippi, lol). Will be in service on the 26th, but am not expecting much till after New Year's.....
DID I READ THAT RIGHT? 50 CENTS A MILE FOR A STRAIGHT TRUCK?! THAT'S JUST PATHETIC!!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
At home,offered load picking up Monday,would be home Tuesday,but instead, going to sign up for my social security on Monday.You know any extra income

classadriver

Seasoned Expediter
I would never say no to .50 per mile I would just say Call me back in a couple hours and I will see what I can find to put with it.sometimes thats worked for me.I have had brokers say well how much would you need to cover this now and I would say a buck and get it.it really just depends on the size of the piece and where it is going.Like right now I consider myself lucky I want to go to florida for the holidays and florida is traditionaly a bad place to go so I can usally get good rates on ltl down that way its about 1,000 miles from me but as long as that first ltl is paying a decent buck I will jump.most of the time I am getting a $1.50 for half of a 24' box but that was when I was in a 10 wheeler and could haul close to 20k .now its back to 6 and 10k
I am just hoping I can get the weight down low enough to grab another on the way

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We are sitting in Laredo, deliver in the morning. We aren't pre-dispatched, and we planned on staying out unless we were really close to home. Dec has been very slow for us, so any little bit helps.
We had a week home at Thanksgiving so it's no big deal.
Today is our 28th anniversary and we laughed that 28 years ago if you'd have asked where we thought we'd be today, Laredo is not what we'd have expected LOL

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Still out. Unloaded in sterling heights friday morning and could not get home due to weather. Started tohead home when got called for a run to New Haven MO.

Pay and milage where too good to turn down. Now sitting in Pontoon Beach J. Hoping for something tomorrow but if nothing by 3-5pm will start the DH home.

I WILL be home for x-mas but hoping they help fund my way home. I would take a .50/mile if it puts me close to home.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yupp still out here.

Had to go west to get East. Getting home for Christmas Nope it dont look good. Was out for Thanksgiving as well.
Well one thing is for sure I can still work out and run and stay healthy. Wife and Kids will have Christmas Dinner on the 25th and will call me so I can say the Dinner Prayer.
I will have a .99 cent Banquet TV Dinner I got a Wallmart.
No bigge maybe Ill have 2. The MRE I had over seas had more
in them then these silly TV Dinners.
any hows thats what its a looken like.

Very Slow out here so Im told. I am glad that I am getting runs and at least making somthing. Sure glad I got my Retainer Pay.

Have a Safe Ride.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
On a run from Kentucky to Maryland we got predispatched on a load that picked up in West Virginia and delivered 70 miles from our Minnesota home on Thursday. We are taking Christmas week off and will be back in service on the 26th.