how many miles in a day?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
asking for trouble run straight thru, I would run 520 miles and take 10 hour's off and finish up next day
be there by 1200 or so if started at 0800, won't drive tried
run safe, also a company here in Hampton roads used to do that they are no longer in business as driver call dot and said this is what company is doing and they came in shut it down

traacker

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
:weird:Again, so much intelligence and interesting stuff keeps me coming back. Since my venture into your world at the EOL & dinner with the folks at ES, as well as speaking with many others at the conference in July I am still wondering about Elon Musk and his Brethren into this area.

While working on my own Sprinter Van purchase, I am trying to keep abreast of how this trade is so ripe for change. Nearly, actually really, 100% of my questions about the viability of the online driver/vehicle direct booking of freight were: "not a chance of happening, this industry is just way to complex to manage due to regulatory issues and real world transit issues to become an UBER like industry."

I am still wondering about it. Perhaps this isn't the thread for this post, but it does seem to talk about the ability to be able to coordinate freight in terms of hubs and pony express type structures. Not easily accomplished in the brick and mortar world, but in the virtual one... maybe not so much?

Again, I am asking.

Meanwhile, I shall continue taking my little steps to visiting many of you on the road, maybe in my own vehicle, hopefully with a team driver like the one at my home now..... (still dreaming, is me.)

While I have not had a reply from the North West Regional UBER like experiment for handling freight as a TESLA brethren dude is supporting, my eye has drifted to a different first purchase other than a Sprinter and have been tippy toeing down the path of "While most people following Tesla anticipated that the company would eventually venture into cargo transport, I think it’s fairly surprising that they would do it so soon."

Since I have yet to lay my money down on the Sprinter, I just may have to get my name on that list for the TESLA SEMI and sign up for the regional expeditor board sponsored by same? Just some more weird thoughts, me thinks...

Sharing is Caring
KOPIMI

Reactions: brokcanadian

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
:weird:Again, so much intelligence and interesting stuff keeps me coming back. Since my venture into your world at the EOL & dinner with the folks at ES, as well as speaking with many others at the conference in July I am still wondering about Elon Musk and his Brethren into this area.

While working on my own Sprinter Van purchase, I am trying to keep abreast of how this trade is so ripe for change. Nearly, actually really, 100% of my questions about the viability of the online driver/vehicle direct booking of freight were: "not a chance of happening, this industry is just way to complex to manage due to regulatory issues and real world transit issues to become an UBER like industry."

I am still wondering about it. Perhaps this isn't the thread for this post, but it does seem to talk about the ability to be able to coordinate freight in terms of hubs and pony express type structures. Not easily accomplished in the brick and mortar world, but in the virtual one... maybe not so much?

Again, I am asking.

Meanwhile, I shall continue taking my little steps to visiting many of you on the road, maybe in my own vehicle, hopefully with a team driver like the one at my home now..... (still dreaming, is me.)

While I have not had a reply from the North West Regional UBER like experiment for handling freight as a TESLA brethren dude is supporting, my eye has drifted to a different first purchase other than a Sprinter and have been tippy toeing down the path of "While most people following Tesla anticipated that the company would eventually venture into cargo transport, I think it’s fairly surprising that they would do it so soon."

Since I have yet to lay my money down on the Sprinter, I just may have to get my name on that list for the TESLA SEMI and sign up for the regional expeditor board sponsored by same? Just some more weird thoughts, me thinks...

Sharing is Caring
KOPIMI

if your wondering about it read this over. that is if you have authority. any questions you might have you can contact

Jeff Ogren: 205-826-3914

Attachments

• UberFreightCarrierAgreement.pdf
    373.4 KB · Views: 16

traacker

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Thanks Crich, this is another reason these boards are a high value stock for me, as much as I think I research, it amazes me how much I miss. Case in point is Uber itself as you have generously pointed out.

I am not a carrier so at this point not useful for me except for thought and strategizing my own entry into this new world for me.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
uber freight is gonna work. not saying that I like the idea or dislike. just like any other broker or carrier for that matter that pays the $300 filing fee plus bond if broker or proper insurance if carrier fmcsa will grant authority and they will be in business for 18 months or so till its audit time anyway. uber is just another broker as long as they partner with the right carriers it may very well be a huge success.