how long?

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
so i know for me the max i wanna stay out at a time is 6 weeks.then a few days at the house and im ready to go.just woundering how long others stay out for at a time. thanks and stay safe!!!:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We stayed out 8 weeks before. We will stay out as long as possible as long as nothing is going on at home, that we need to be there for. On the same token if we are close to home, we are going home.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We stayed out 8 weeks before. We will stay out as long as possible as long as nothing is going on at home, that we need to be there for. On the same token if we are close to home, we are going home.

We do the same as you if we are close to home we will go home for a couple of days. The longest we have stayed out was three months and we took a couple weeks off when we made it home. Two months at a time is about our average if nothing is going on.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We stay out 3 to 4 weeks and go home for 7 to 10 days.
We have 3 horses, 5 dogs, 3 kids and 7 acres that has to be mowed. The oldest takes care of the animals while we are gone.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
In the passed I stayed out up to 21 days, give or take a day or 2, then Id head for home...Now with the way Load 1 works dispatch, I very rarely am out more then 10-12 days at a time and alot of time less then that...But as with others, if I am within a reasonable DH home and I haven't been home in a week or so, ill run home, but stay in service....When I go out of service, it is usually when I havebben out more then 10 - 14 days and i'll stay home 3-4 days then it is time to go....

matlack

Expert Expediter
The longest for us was 14 weeks out and then home for 9 days. On average 6 to 8 weeks out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If I don't need to go home for something, I don't. I've camped out at a truck stop 75 miles from the house over a weekend, because I didn't want to deadhead home just to have to turn around and deadhead right back on Monday, losing my board position in the process. Generally it's 3-4 months, but the longest was 9 months.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I am.usually never out more than 2 weeks.....I get a lot of loads In and out around the house....and after 17 yrs on the road I really enjoy my home time more and more....

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Since the carriers I associate with usually deal with outbound freight within oh 600 miles or less, I'm usually out and back and still make a decent living. Besides I have a loving wife and a loyal husky who welcome me with open arms and lots of kisses when I get home from the road!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We are home now after being on the road 3.5 months.

We came home because the freight brought us here on Friday before the Memorial Day weekend. Drivers licence renewal, dental work, and getting our truck body painted gaves reasons to stay. As soon as the truck comes out of the shop we'll roll again.

Ideally, we'll be able to stay out until Christmas.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I am.usually never out more than 2 weeks.....I get a lot of loads In and out around the house....and after 17 yrs on the road I really enjoy my home time more and more....

Same oh, Same oh, After 40 years home looks pretty good. I live alone and have to pay someone to keep the yard up, some one to come in a dust and what not. I am selling the house and getting a condo, tired of the road work then the home work, never get to rest.:eek: